How to put $150,000 into an G-Body (Grand National)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
If you're going to say, "run circles around the car"

The other cars would have to beat the car in a 1/4 drag race, autocross, and a road race.

I'm more of a fan of cars with "full" interiors, but I support almost all G-bodies, from lowriders to those on 24" wheels to mostly stock.

I wonder how much of that $150k is labor though.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
In some places, $150K would be a good start on a little house with a big shop out back. Hard to steal a house...

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I’d love to see it against the UMI Monte on a track.
The Monte would :poop: all over it with 250 less HP. I have a friend that's big into road racing, and he told me once (makes a lot of sense, too) that anything over 500-550rwhp is pointless because you can't get it on the ground. Stupid power makes it a good drift car unless it's AWD or a drag car on slicks.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
In some places, $150K would be a good start on a little house with a big shop out back. Hard to steal a house...
I'd have $40k or so left over where I live. lol

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Gives more meaning to something I hear a lot ... "nice Monte Carlo" ....
biggrin.gif
I get it often. I finally gave up with the explanation / correction, and now just reply " Thanks"....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I blew the cam out of the back of the motor because I didn't know how much boost I was running... The car came with a Grand National package...really?? The car is grey. We all know that Grand Nationals came with hood ornaments. :giggle: We made it more aesthetically pleasing..not! The car has no dash, no door panels, no headliner, no grille, no bumpers, no fillers.. no thanks!! I can dig the workmanship here, but I have no doubt that I could have built a car to compete against this one for $50k AND it would have looked like a REAL Grand National. Moving on.

Reactions: 2 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
What I wanna know is . . . Steve, did some US Postal driver escape to Canada just to spin do-nuts? Or was that an imported export film? Exported, import? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor