How to Remove Glove Box Lock Without Key???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know why GM made it so complicated to get the lock out. You'd think it's the contents that someone would steal, not the lock..

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Boy, Does this hit home. Mine is stuck in the open position, the knob simply doesn't turn regardless if its locked or unlocked (and yes the key turns). Took it for the NYS inspection today and thought my mechanic had a trick to dislodge it. Disaster! Butchered the entire door. He was able to pop off the knob yet it did nothing. Removed the bottom panel and took the hinge off, still nothing- it would not open. He had to destroy the entire door to get it off. Thank God I have a spare glove box.
Im kinda pissed, I thought there was some trick using a hair pin or something. If I knew this I would of simply taken a powerful drill and drill the entire thing out, would of rescued the door.

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Crazy

Attachments

• 20140924_234439.jpg
    20140924_234439.jpg
    779.4 KB · Views: 337
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor