how to run 2 amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project:Restore78Malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2009
Eas Side
i have a 84 cutlass and i have 2 12s and 1 amp is not strong enough to run both subs so i need to put an extra batt. and i need to know how to run my other amp and stuff can anyone help me?

86sleeper

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2009
Bronx,NY
amps

get a capacitor with at least two farrads, take the power cable from the battery straight to the cap, connect the cap to a distribution block, connect each amp to the block and should be good.

XbeasleyX

Apprentice
Jan 24, 2009
Western New York
Is it dimming headlights on hard hits or are the subs just not performing at all? If its dimming you need a Capacitor as suggested. If it's just not enough you'd be much better off buying a better single amp.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
do the 140 amp alt swap from a 95 roadmaster buick thats what I did. All ya have to do is trade pullies. Then you got enough pwr for your amps. You can just run another pwr wire to the other amp. There is plenty of info on the web about this swap.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
never mind another battery, get a capacitor as suggested it is just like a battery it stores voltage but for your stereo. It will help take the load off your alternator and battery and will increase your power to the amps tenfold!
86sleeper knows whats up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor