Hubs (expensive vs cheap) place of origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I try to avoid "Made in China" when possible, but sometimes it's just not practical or realistic. Korea, Mexico, Eastern Europe, even Vietnam don't bother me as much as China.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

CDUNIGAN1981

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2015
I try to avoid "Made in China" when possible, but sometimes it's just not practical or realistic. Korea, Mexico, Eastern Europe, even Vietnam don't bother me as much as China.

Thanks for the response. I am keeping the ones I already purchased.

I'm trying to understand what the deal is with the 'O' ring.
My knuckle doesn't have a place that an 'O' ring would set in.

I want to be sure I'm installing this hub correctly.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Is the O ring required? No. Recommended? Yes. Does the O ring come with the hub? Not with all brands. Is there a groove for the O ring? No. You just slide it onto the hub, and install it. Torque to 80 Ft/lbs

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Should an kind of grease be used?
Look on the label for a NLGI ( National Lubricating Grease Institute ) rating of "GC". GC is for automotive wheels bearings.

Reactions: 1 user

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
Unless I'm mistaken, the hubs ride on bearings so the actual hub is just dumb iron. Put Timbken bearings in it and you shouldn't have any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor