Hurricane Ian

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
So, when does the 100yr flood start? It may have been at 99yrs and 11 months! I feel sorry for those that lost everything of importance and those who didn't have insurance of any type. Some insurance companies will not be able to handle the multi million-dollar payouts and just leave FL. many insurance companies will not insure homes in FL.
Fla. only has one insurance company and it’s basically the government. After Andrew (I believe) and all the loss the regular insurance companies took they baled. They hate loosing money. Some jade to be sued to get payment if I remember right. But with my memory I could be wrong.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Fla. only has one insurance company and it’s basically the government. After Andrew (I believe) and all the loss the regular insurance companies took they baled. They hate loosing money. Some jade to be sued to get payment if I remember right. But with my memory I could be wrong.
My father was just telling me a bunch of insurance companies pulled out of Florida a month or 2 ago. Crazy timing, but I guess they knew.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
There is about 40 companies insuring Florida homeowners. Very fragile due to the fraud and frivolous lawsuits. This storm will put more out of business. The legislators are not addressing the real issue which is the fee statute. They pass laws that just add to the argument. Facts don't matter and add to that corruption. Florida homeowners are getting soaked with premium increases. It is not the carriers fault. I see it everyday

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That's high Cat 4, Cat 5 is 157mph+. Hours of this.

Tornadoes spin over 200mph+. Just for 45 seconds or so.

Pick your poison.
I'll be the 1st admit that winter sometimes gets me down, but I'll take an annual 40" snow storm every year to avoid the mess down there once in my lifetime.

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I'll be the 1st admit that winter sometimes gets me down, but I'll take an annual 40" snow storm every year to avoid the mess down there once in my lifetime.
Like anything just depends on where you live. I would not want to be close to the water. Driving 30 min to the beach is more cost effective than living on it.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
It is bad for sure. Way more flooding then was anticipated which is bad as few people in Florida have flood insurance. Surprisingly we have only gotten about 15 percent of what we expected in claims so far. Don't rag on the insurance companies to bad. I see what we pay and it is staggering. The problem in Florida is the fraud and people gaming the system. I know everyone has a story but what policy do they have? Did they previously get paid for a roof and didn't replace it and expect the insurer to pay again?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor