hutchhiper 442 project

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
hey i was wondering if anyone has any info on whether hutchhiper on YouTube ever finish the 87 olds 442 project. if so are there are any finish picture posted anywhere on YouTube.

Reactions: 1 user

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
Don't believe it's done yet. He is an active member here on the forum and has a build thread for the project. https://gbodyforum.com/threads/1987-olds-442-project-build.55577/
He's doing a great job with his project. He makes it look relatively easy and not so intimidating. it
give me that little boost to try attempting some of the improvement that he has done that i would like to also do. i have a 87 olds with 455 its not a 442 but their the same.
I really would like to know where he purchase the headers for his project.
With all the talk about the 455 not being a good engine for a high-performance build unless you stick a bunch on money into it, i just was wondering how his 455 was holding up

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
He sucks. Drags his feet, doesn't know a G-body from an E-body.

Of course, I'm only joking. He's a WIZARD, like many other people working on their projects here. He is not afraid to tackle anything and then makes it even better for us because he does all these Hollywood productions on his videos.

Busy man so it's taken his project some time, but things are looking up and car is going back together. I, for one, can't wait. MF is meticulous and detail oriented so you know when he's done, it's going to be awesome.

He's also a real good dude.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
oldsofb ,they're talking about you. :LOL:

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
oldsofb ,they're talking about you. :LOL:

Wake Up Cowboy GIF by Yellowstone

Reactions: 3 users

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Just finished my heat/ ac box and watched his videos several times and while I was putting it together. Thanks hutch

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
nice to know. would like to reach out to him to find out how he was able to removed the olds emblem from the rear tail lights he refurbished i can't seem to get mines off i don't want to cracked the lens
I think he's using 81-83 split tail taillights with LED inserts on his car, though. Unless I'm missing something.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
nice to know. would like to reach out to him to find out how he was able to removed the olds emblem from the rear tail lights he refurbished i can't seem to get mines off i don't want to cracked the lens

I just used a small pocket flat blade that I had turned into a specialty tool for something years ago. The tip is bent at a 90 degree angle almost like a 90 seal pick but beefier. I just wedged it in where I could and kept pulling straight out all around the perimeter. I didn't rock it against the plastic. It didn't take much as I remember.

I only pulled them out because the one center rocket fell out, so the aim was to replace them.

Hutch

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor