I am building an Elcamino SS using monte parts !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
First thing you have to do this with new door seals if you do it with old ones and replace them later you will have to slam the door every time you get in your car,,,,,,,,STEP 2,On the door edge !First I loosened the striker and pulled it out as far as possible. i latched the door and adjusted the striker so that the right height was there . i took a grease pencil and traced the out side edge of my new door . then i opened the door . I took a body hammer and tapped the quarter panel back til the door would close inside the door opening. then i started on the door the first thing you have to do is make the door skin come toward you a half an inch . that sounds like allot but it works just fine. you have to hit the door edge out on the entire edge of the door then you have to gently use a pry bar inside of your shell to push the door skin level with the edge.the whole time moving the striker as you have to find a happy place where the quarter panel and door look good . When the door fits and lines up and the skin is level you can tap the quarter panel from the side to square off the edge. i used the dolly in side of the door opening and used a body hammer on the outside at the same time. you can email me if you want to I forgot my email password so you can email to my dads [email protected] one of us will help you.

JACKSUNBYRD

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
I am selling ElScreamo for $6000 I am building a new project i have a new 357 ( bored out 350 )for another $1000. i am building a 1968 A body, El Camino ..

Attachments

• IMAG0284.jpg
    IMAG0284.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 706
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor