I Just Wanted A Ballpark Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
Agreed and around here another popular one is "price will go up in spring".

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I used to love CL a decade ago, but for the last half dozen years it's been hit or miss; both as a seller and a buyer. Met some crazies on there but also some nice folks and made some really good deals.

I'm not going to say that 1984 Cutlass is junk but it's most definitely is a project car and a BIG one at that. I wouldn't pay a penny over a grand (and that's being generous) and it better have no rust. If you're lucky you'll be able to sell the Daytons for a couple hundred bucks to recoup some of the cost.

smiths86cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2016
We have a local online sales site and encounter the same crap...."I know what I have so dont low ball me" or "My price is firm" for junk....shop around I got my Cutlass for $1200 in excellent shape
fb_img_1489298181927-jpg.66207

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I can relate to this. Last year when I was advertising 442 parts on Craiglist there were at least 3 guys that wanted to come out to the shop and see the cars and parts I had. They had no intentions of buying, they just wanted to scope out the property. Whenever possible I will meet a buyer off site to make the deal.

I never meet buyers at my house, unless its someone I know or have dealt with before.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I guess I am against the norm for CL, I have been selling for over 10 years and I do all of my sales in my garage when the timeframe works for me.
I have dealt with nothing but great buyers and have had multiple repeat customers and some we even keep in touch and catch up on what's going on with our projects and if I buy something on CL it works the same way where I go to their house.
I just sold a set of Edelbrock sbc heads last night to a guy that has a Chevelle and he is going to send me a video of it when he takes it to Milan Dragway this summer with new heads on it.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
For the few things I've sold on CL I always made sure to meet up in a public location with lots of people. I try to make sure it's during daylight hours if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor