I love these wheel what are they

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Keystone Klassics were, well........., Klassics!!! I actually prefer those over Cragar S/Ss, but I guess I'm weird. There's a bunch of hate on the Keystones.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I never had Cragar SS wheels but I did have some ET look a likes on my Nova because they were a lot cheaper.
They had a flatter spoke.
1576440579099.png

Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I had a set of Cragar S/S wheels on my 61 Olds 88 Bubble top. With a white stripe tire it just looked right. Was going to use them on the black 79 Monte Carlo but just looked out of place.
Olds 2.JPG

Keystone Klassics are another wheel that either looks killer (Like on a older cab forward van or pick-up....Think Dodge A100 ,65 Chevy van) but does not quite fit with most newer cars.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I never had Cragar SS wheels but I did have some ET look a likes on my Nova because they were a lot cheaper.
They had a flatter spoke.
View attachment 130926

About 15 years ago at a swapmeet, a guy was selling the Keystones in your pic with Cragar caps. People were going nuts buying them, because he was selling way under what Cragars cost. I guess none of the buyers noticed that the spokes were wrong, and that they weren't that blue-cast chrome that cragars had. I watched 3 guys buy sets in under 10 minutes. Apparently, they also didn't notice that the boxes were not Cragar boxes

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

toner283

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2008
Durham, Ontario, Canada
I like those a lot too

Those are bad *ss! But if they make your breaks over heat i'll have to step back from that idea

No disrespect to those that posted about the brake issues but I have to call big time BS on those stories. Urban legends like the " if you can beat me, you can eat me" painted on the back of the hot girl street racers car.

I have had Centerline knock-offs on my car for better than 20 years. I have never had any brake issues. And I drive the car hard. 99% street driven miles. I live in the middle of southern Ontario and I have had the car as far north as North Bay (about a 6 hour drive) as far south as the Mount Vernon Ohio dragway (was about 9 hours on the road IIRC). Also fought through bumper to bumper Toronto traffic many times. Never had a hint of brake issues.

I always thought that centerlines made a car look tough. Personally, I love them on pretty much anything.

Reactions: 4 users

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado

Those are all (n):puke::poop: but soooo common back in the early 90s well, except the Keystones I think those date back to the 70s but I remember all these "custom" wheels being on cars and trucks when I was young.
You missed a couple: http://bestride.com/news/entertainment/please-stop-the-10-worst-aftermarket-wheels-in-history the teddy bear wheel had to be the worst.

The OPs solid centerlines were pretty much universally hated by all my friends and I as kids along with the AR outlaw, now Weld Prostars; that's another story those screamed "Legit Race car" back in the early/mid 90s and every fast G Body Malibu and Fox Mustang was sporting those wheels where grew up. We'd see those solid centerlines and AR Outlaws on some cars owned by some of the kids Dad's and Uncles and we just couldn't understand it. Since I wasn't around in the 1970s I didn't get that Crager Super Tricks were the sh*t back then and a very popular drag racing wheel that was ultra lightweight for the time. The Centerlines and AR Outlaws were cheaper and streetable knockoffs of those wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor