I love these wheel what are they

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
They look great, everyone want them, they are expensive. Down side: they do not allow brake cooling because they are drag strip oriented where that is not a concern. I knew a guy with a Toyota pickup all raised up and with them on. He could not understand why his brakes sucked in bumber-to-bumper traffic.
Thats good info thanks for sharring. Function has to come first. I'll keep on lookin

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Thats what i need!!!
The problem is Centerline went under a few years ago and then came back with a limited selection of wheels including the previously discontinued Convo Pros and Auto Drags but selection is limited and very expensive now plus apparently they are made in China.

A better option might be going with a similar American Racing rim or start looking for used ones that will probably take some work to look good again.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
These are mine and are for sale these View attachment 130831 15x10. 5" backspace
I like those a lot too
The problem is Centerline went under a few years ago and then came back with a limited selection of wheels including the previously discontinued Convo Pros and Auto Drags but selection is limited and very expensive now plus apparently they are made in China.

A better option might be going with a similar American Racing rim or start looking for used ones that will probably take some work to look good again.
Those are bad *ss! But if they make your breaks over heat i'll have to step back from that idea

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
I like the torque thust as well

Attachments

• oldsmobile-cutlass-base-coupe-2-door-americanlisted_45443017.jpg
    oldsmobile-cutlass-base-coupe-2-door-americanlisted_45443017.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 299
Reactions: 1 user

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
I dig these, actually i saw several on the american racing website i really liked. How are they as a brand?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191214-170046_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191214-170046_Chrome.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 145

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
If you look at most wheels there are holes that direct cooling air towards the brakes. Even lowly hubcaps are built that way. Racing wheels are not concerned with that. And MOON hubcaps that cover the whole wheel for aerodynamics? No cooling.

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
If you look at most wheels there are holes that direct cooling air towards the brakes. Even lowly hubcaps are built that way. Racing wheels are not concerned with that. And MOON hubcaps that cover the whole wheel for aerodynamics? No cooling.
Makes sense

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I dig these, actually i saw several on the american racing website i really liked. How are they as a brand?
We have ran that style before and they are a decent rim at a reasonable price and still has the classic looks.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I was never a fan, but never liked Cragar S/Ss either. I thought Cragar had a version of them, though. The S/ST?
Not gonna lie, when I was a kid I LOVED SSTs. I'd build models of cars I didn't even really like if they had those wheels.

Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Years ago there was a "Creeper" Chevy van in the neighborhood that ran the gold plated center Cragar SS/T's. Looked cool but the "Free Candy" painted on the side kept all us kids away.:LOL: Cragar-SST-gold-chrome-wheels-3-hotrod-mags.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor