I need help to buy my first g body

Status
Not open for further replies.

My first g body

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2022
The H engine code letter is a Chevrolet 305, which means that you could swap in a 350 and it would look exactly the same on the outside. You may need to replace the carburetor and PROM/ECU with a 350 version.

But behind a 305, you could upgrade to a 700-R4 from a 1988-1991 Chevy car or 2wd truck. The lower 3.06 first gear would wake up the performance and give you an overdrive without changing the rear gears. If you find the PROM from a 700-R4 donor car, it will lock up the torque converter. Otherwise, you can use an aftermarket pressure/vacuum lockup kit.

Very nice survivor.
Thank you!
Mine was a steal at $3k. There's still a lot of g-bodies in USA. Trick is finding one that hasn't been mangled by one of these drag racers. If I was in Europe, I guess I'd be driving 30 year old Mercedes, BMW, or whatever French car is rear wheel drive and not a total dog.
Have an s500 and a porsche cayenne gts but I want to sell the mercedes(rust). Next German car will be a BMW e38 or e30. But for me this is a very long time dream. Plus I started a new business ( restoring old American cars) and that buick regal will be my business card.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor