i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarias88

n00b
Oct 15, 2007
kansas
i have 87 buick with a 307 carb (motor blown) and i have a 80 chevy malibu v6 not sure of the engine size yet but i i want to know if the malibu v6 will fit and how hard it will be and what would i have to do with the drive train have both trannies really dont want to buy a new motor and wiring do i need to change some stuff thanx joe

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
a buick with an olds engine that you wanna put a chevy in ? :D

yes you can put that V6 in for cheap budget purpose...
transmission will fit ( only 4 bolts but ok with V6)

chevy frame motor mounts will have to be installed in the buick cause the V6 chevy and olds are different....

the donor engine exhaust wil have to be transfered

Dan

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
If you have a vin code A engine, you may have a buick V6 and not a chevy. I have seen it before.

Both cars are common chassis. Use the engine, engine mounts (upper and lower on the frame) and the transmission from the malibu and bolt it back in to the regal.

Do you have an overdrive transmission in the buick? In 87, most 307s had the 2004r transmission and most of those were dual bolt pattern, meaning that you can use them on any GM engine from a g car. You can then keep the transmission and just change the engine. Use the torque converter with the V6, though. They should both be 27 spline so it will fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor