I need rear rails!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maliblue

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2008
When i was 15 i bought my 81, 2dr, 267-v8, 81 malibu couple. over the last 10 yrs... i put one engine, three transmissions, 3 drive shafts, one dif, new brakes, new suspension ft and rear, whole lot of toys in it and engine jewels...so i started doing the body. now i know that the frame has rotted out from behind both arches lt and rt. i have a sm hole on the outside of the drivers arch thats stress cracked all around it. All the rt body mounts untill halfway down the rocker are gone! With a through bolt added into my trunk! (befor i bought it) The drivers rear body mnt is still their but then the next three to the front are gone. The pockets are gone on every one! the bottom of the body needs to be replaced. Is their aftermarkit kits for this. its so common it happens on every g body their gota be someone making somthing for them. i found drag kits to tub them. but i dont want to tub.
If anyone has advice i love to hear it ??
if you have done the on your malibu, montie, cutlass, regal i love to get some info and ideas.
thanks for reading my essay

yeah also i saw that guys website the other day can you email him and ask him for behind the axle rails only?... personally living in the north i might ask for a little more but im sure i could take a picture under my trunk and we all be like....... yep... /sadface

thanks for that site im going to e mail him. i cant find a good g body to cut it all out of. so as long as its a good gague rail im liking this

Sounds like your "rott" problem has creeped damn close to the front. The rails are only the back section, if you have issues with the arches and close to the rockers then a new frame may be a better solution.

its the bottom of the body thats all gone halfway up the rockers. i havent cleaned the rails to bare metal yet ive just put it in the air. but the frame is only gone after the archs on both sides. and on the right side on the highest point of the arch theirs a penny size whole thats cracked for 6-9 inces in four diff ways. i have all the body mounting brackets on the frame. (exept the rear)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor