Identify Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
Ok, not the best title, but I'm open to opinions here. What I want to know is, what is the age range of the members here? Me, 36. I know I've seen someone post who's working on Elks that's in his 80s, and I give respect for that.

So here we go, we've had the show your significant other thread, so now, for those of you willing to share, how old are you and to link in with the inspirations thread, what got you started in G-bodies?

Me first, since I'm starting it off. 36 and I blame my older brother.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Be 55 in June, and liked them since they were new (couldn't really AFFORD a new one,though). I still remember looking at a brand-new Malibu coupe (I was a Chevelle guy) at Rasmussen Chevrolet in Cedar Falls, IA and thinking "where are the quarter window cranks?"

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Im 24 now but bought my first Monte SS when I was 19 wayyy back in 2009. I blame my dad and his 68 Olds 4-4-2 for getting me into cars. When he gives me sh*t for spending all my time and money on my car I tell him it's cheaper and somewhat safer than heroin!

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
31 first g was 85 monte carlo at 17 years old. Grew up in Miami and around south Florida. It's just a hood thing, I love old gm cars.

Apr 12, 2016
What's up people I'm 31 and I got my GBody addiction back in 1992 when my dad came home with an 1984 Cutlass Supreme. It was the first car I ever drove. I'm now on my second cutlass it's an 85 Salon Ttop.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
41. Bought my first '79 Malibu in '92 and learned about rusted out frame rails at the same time. Was hardcore Chevy guy in the beginning now I'm strictly BOP

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
I'm 25, bought my 84 Monte SS when I was 17. My dad said it was a good idea lol. The car is seeing some serious changes.

Hickrocket1258

Greasemonkey
Dec 3, 2013
West Chester, PA
I'm 30 and bought my gbody wagon when I was 27 I believe. Bought it right when my wife got pregnant with our first. I did it knowing I would never get the chance after. I'm still alive haha. My buddy got me into gbodys but I had a thing for wagons.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
45 this year. Got my first one in 1991 and dismantled it for parts in 1997 when the floors got soft ( again ! ). During those 6 years of ownership I met my wife, we got married, and we brought our daughter home in that car. Its been as far west as Alberta and made at least 10 trips to the Maritimes. Its good parts were scattered and recycled amongst friends. The remaining corpse was taken from my friends shop to be crushed. That car had seen many miles, 4 season weather and back roads. It never once left me stranded to where I could not fix it roadside in under 5 minutes.....but wifey ran out of gas once LOL

Here's the picture that sits on my desk from '92. Those kids are grown men now with families of their own. BTW the cutty was replaced as a DD by a company car 1995 Neon. With "working" AC and 2 extra doors.
I flipped a few g's over the years but it took me almost 15 years to get back into the Gbody I have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor