Identifying interior color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsikrazy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 4, 2013
ssbrewskyaz said:
Here's what I was talking about as far as a seat tag is concerned.

Scott, ... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :wink:

Well this is very helpful! I will have to go and pull my back seat and see if I can fibnd this tag!

DI_Knight

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2013
Mexico
I have the same problem with my '81 malibu. I want to order a new dash pad cover to dixie montecarlo but I'm not sure what tone it is, my interior is the same color as yours.

Pepsikrazy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 4, 2013
Well here is the number I found under the back seat. 20038310. I am not sure if this is good enough to identify the color. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Well Then,

The Generals' parts system says you have, ..... wait for it:

DESC......: COATED FABRIC-WN4FB4887(SIERRA)(DK CLARET)
FSU.......: SERVICE CODE....: Y
PRIME GRP.: 15506 SERVICE FY-LY...: 1980 - 1988

... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :wink:

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Hey, There should be a code on the data plate. The 1981 Malibu, Malibu Classic and El Camino had code 77D, V or E = Dark Maple.

Doug

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Can you show me a photo of the data tag you're referring to. Was just today trying to figure out when GM started using the SPID Label (Service Parts ID). Usually the SPID is either on the inside of the deck lid or in the glove box. Have seen some on the inside of the console lid, F-Body I believe. I was under the impression the data plates ended when the G-Body began so I suppose a 78-81 A-Body could still have a data plate.

... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :?

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Hey. I dont have any photos of the data plate. The data plant should be under the hood below the windshield above the wiper motor. My book shows 1985 was the last year for the data plate. 1986 and up had the Service parts identification label, They where located on the glove box door or behind the seat.

Doug

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
ssbrewskyaz said:
Can you show me a photo of the data tag you're referring to. Was just today trying to figure out when GM started using the SPID Label (Service Parts ID). Usually the SPID is either on the inside of the deck lid or in the glove box. Have seen some on the inside of the console lid, F-Body I believe. I was under the impression the data plates ended when the G-Body began so I suppose a 78-81 A-Body could still have a data plate.

... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :?
My 84 elky has the plate still

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor