if you needed anything that was impossible to find??

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
1985cutlasssupreme said:
how about a nice set of lowering springs for a cutlass that drops the car about 2 inches.
you can also make a wing like the monte carlo ss wing that fits a cutlass just right unstead of modifying one.
They already make lowering springs for gbodies

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
i need the stock seat fabric to recover my seats.......thats a long shot right
'85 Light saddle cloth (non-brougham)...not the velour type of stuff

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Actually, any interior repro's would be good. There is some stuff out there like carpet and seat covers etc. I would like to see the little plastic bits on the dash and nice full door panels and the like. How about the ac vents and plastic dash pieces. those things are always in demand for a nice resto. Maybe center consoles whole or parts.

Brandon

Apprentice
Oct 7, 2008
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
The plastic bumper cover on oldsmobiles warps.. I've only ever seen one fiberglass replacement and its the whole rear end clip (for a drag car).
cutclips2.jpg

An exact copy of this piece with the proper bolt holes would be a great edition

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I agree with Khan, if the stock rebuild parts are depleted then somebody needs to do it. And if someone is looking to buy the whole unit, then give them the option. I have a stock GN unit, which i wanted to freshen up and haven't found a whole rebuild kit for it. I also have a open 8.5rear off a 85 442 which i was hoping to to add a True-trac and upgraded 30 spline axles...The GN unit would be cheaper to rebuild it but if anybody plans on "souping" up a G body the weak rear needs to be addressed.. either that or let the Ford 8.8in and 9in become the "norm" on a high HP G body build. I almost went the 8.8 swap Exploder rearend Thank goodness i found the G body 8.5 rear axles... :mrgreen: Just my opinion.. BTW what if any GP parts you have planned?

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Front bumper fillers for an '80 Regal. Nobody makes them. All those that make them for the '78 and '79 say they will fit an '80 but they won't without a lot of work. I don't know where you would find any to make a copy of. If I did, I would already have them for myself. I know it's a one year only item and not many owners of the '80 model year, but it was just a thought.

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
khan0165 said:
Toby, I've recently arrived on a part that desperately needs aftermarket support...

long story short, for a couple of years now the posi in my 8.5 10bolt has been getting slippy. Last summer I started doing to research to rebuild it during this coming summer. The whole unit is fine, it's just the clutches that need replacing.

the OEMs use a Eaton posi unit with an S-Spring clutch system. The new Eaton units use a coil spring & plate system. The components are not interchangeable.

after a few months of researching and asking questions, I discovered that GM discontinued their reproduction of these clutch packs. I suppose many aftermarket suppliers bought out the remaining stock, but have all run out. After a couple months of calling around, I've come to a dead end...

All other parts for this OEM Eaton unit are available, spider gears, thrust washers, pins, S-spring, etc... Just the clutch packs are missing.

they are very similar to the new style, but not the same.
the old style use "Square Ears
p113372_image_large.jpg

46120.jpg

the new style use "Round Ears"
F31707999.jpg

rsgd60tlckDana%2060%20Trac-Loc%20Clutchs.jpg

I've asked around to a few dealers. Suppliers like Randy at ringpinion.com and Nitro-Gear.com did manufacture these for a short while after they were discontinued from GM, so this tells me these are possible to make.I know GbodyParts.com carries the S-spring, the pins, and other components for these Eatons, but they have also run out of stock of these clutch packs.

As these 8.5s are so popular, so strong, I imagine there is a huge need for service parts for these units. And we are at a dead end with the clutch pack.
Clutch packs now in stock 100 sets built & ready
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info. ... a60f3932e4

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I already talked to Brian about the license plates lights for 81-88 Montes and they are already working on them it sounded like possibly 4 months out in case anyone else wanted or needed these. These are the only lenses on my car I haven't replaced even though mine are in decent shape I just want new ones.

Curlz

Apprentice
Aug 4, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
The body by Fisher sill plates for the wagons/ four doors, always beaten up and hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor