if you needed anything that was impossible to find??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I can think of a million things I'd like to see reproduced, but since I'm contemplating switching to electric fans, it would nice to have an actual kit specifically made for a G-Body that just simply bolts up directly to the radiator using the screws/holes the factory shroud used. No need to fab anything up or use unsightly zip-ties. The fan/fans would also have a perfect fit on the radiator too eliminating that hokey 'big gap' look when you try adapting electric fans from another car. All the electronics would be included and designed for easy installation.

Front and rear fascias for Cutlass would be nice.

A steel Cutlass hood with the 'Darth Vader' cowl induction scoop ( not a generic 'Chevy style' scoop ). Man, I would buy that in a heartbeat! Way better looking ( and functional most likely ) than any of those W30 ram air scoops which just don't look right on a G-Body Cutlass. The DV hood looks correct on a G-Body Olds because it was actually designed for it.

Cutlass 120 MPH speedos for those who don't want to pay $200 for an original ( if you can actually find one ).

4 speed dual gate shifter. Lightning rods look kick-*ss, but the dual gate is simpler and IMO works better for racing.

This may sound silly, but how about some performance PROM chips for those running on the CCC system? I told you it may sound silly!

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
DoubleV said:
4 speed dual gate shifter. Lightning rods look kick-*ss, but the dual gate is simpler and IMO works better for racing.
Now that is what I'm talking about. Ive been driving my car to and from work the past 5 days day ($30 in gas a day) and Ive been thinking of an overdrive as cruising in 3rd is over 2500rpm at 55mph. If they were to make one I would totally buy one. It would also need the matching top plate to fit the factory consoles. But they probably wouldn't be able to put the Hurst logo on the handle because of copyright issues......Like my factory dual gate now :D

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
A good woman who doesn't talk much with lots of money who likes my hobby but doesn't want to drive it... :D

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
As DoubleV said, it would be nice to have a complete electric fan upgrade kit that is designed specifically for the G body application. I've seen a number of good installations that have been custom built, but I'd like to have something that is designed as a "plug and play" kit.

ls1_monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 23, 2013
Goin out on a limb, as I havent read other posts, but how about a full g body floor from the firewall to the raised trunk floor. Side to side and front to back just as the factory, no splices on the rear underseat brace.

Also I would say a repro dash for the monte carlo thats fits and looks OEM, I dont like the ones they have out with the removable top section.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
"A good woman who doesn't talk much with lots of money who likes my hobby but doesn't want to drive it... :D" What have you been smoking? I hope you brought enough for all of us.... :rofl:

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Aluminum core supports
Aluminum SSIII 442 - Hurst/Olds rims
Reproduction bumper covers molded with modern state of the art resin to fix warp caused by 1980's PU technology
Oldsmobile version of the LS motor
Body shops that don't bend you over
Affordable small chamber aluminum heads for BBO (think Procomp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor