Ignition switch on column

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Are you using a remote solenoid like on your circle track cars?. That makes it easier to test the starting wire and keeps the battery cable to the starter dead unless starting the car making is safer especially when running headers... IMO

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Are you using a remote solenoid like on your circle track cars?. That makes it easier to test the starting wire and keeps the battery cable to the starter dead unless starting the car making is safer especially when running headers... IMO

I didn't install a Ford solenoid yet. That's a good idea.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
wondering if you found the problem...and another plus for a ford solenoid it's easy to reg a momentary button to bump the engine when needed, I reminded myself of that getting ready to change the valve seals and with a roller cam I use the GM method and I find it easier to get on the mark than to have someone bump it

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
wondering if you found the problem...and another plus for a ford solenoid it's easy to reg a momentary button to bump the engine when needed, I reminded myself of that getting ready to change the valve seals and with a roller cam I use the GM method and I find it easier to get on the mark than to have someone bump it

I haven't been under the dash yet due to some other projects. Hopefully I can get to it today or Monday. Busy times here at UMI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor