I'm going to look at a 1981 LeMans Wagon-Is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body NY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2022
Well the owner doesn't want to respond to messages so this one is on the back burner for now. BUT....possibly a blessing in disguise as a 1979 Malibu with a 305, A/C, and a 4 SPEED MANUAL just appeared last night locally for $2,500. I am hoping to go look at this one ASAP. Stay tuned!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Well the owner doesn't want to respond to messages so this one is on the back burner for now. BUT....possibly a blessing in disguise as a 1979 Malibu with a 305, A/C, and a 4 SPEED MANUAL just appeared last night locally for $2,500. I am hoping to go look at this one ASAP. Stay tuned!
That's awesome. Could be a blessing in disguise. Especially a 4 speed car. Nice build project.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
You might want to look at the door bottoms. Doors for a wagon are pretty hard to find. Rusty door bottoms would kill the deal for me no matter what the price is.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I hope this one pans out for you. It sounds promising. Just look it over thoroughly. The less rust, the better. Also keep in mind that parts are getting harder to find for these cars. Good luck!

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Curious, what part of NY are you in ?

G-Body NY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2022
Curious, what part of NY are you in ?
Come on bro, you want me to give up the location of the unicorn?:ROFLMAO: J/K...I'm in lower NY, you? The Malibu was located on Long Island. That guy was tough to get a hold of as well via FB messenger. Took him 3 days of me messaging him to finally answer and then he said that two people were coming yesterday morning to look at it. One offered him $2700 and the other $2900. He said if I could beat it it's mine. Well I couldn't make it down there the night before at the last minute so I lost out on that. The original one I was interested in, the 1981 Lemans, I finally figured out where it was and called the guy. While he still has it listed on FB, he doesn't want to sell it now. I guess I can't win. There's a 1980 Malibu with a 355 and a four speed (not sure if it is original or not)available nearby as well. I may take a look at that. It's obviously not an all original car but probably worth a peek. He's asking $7,500 on CL.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Come on bro, you want me to give up the location of the unicorn?:ROFLMAO: J/K...I'm in lower NY, you? The Malibu was located on Long Island. That guy was tough to get a hold of as well via FB messenger. Took him 3 days of me messaging him to finally answer and then he said that two people were coming yesterday morning to look at it. One offered him $2700 and the other $2900. He said if I could beat it it's mine. Well I couldn't make it down there the night before at the last minute so I lost out on that. The original one I was interested in, the 1981 Lemans, I finally figured out where it was and called the guy. While he still has it listed on FB, he doesn't want to sell it now. I guess I can't win. There's a 1980 Malibu with a 355 and a four speed (not sure if it is original or not)available nearby as well. I may take a look at that. It's obviously not an all original car but probably worth a peek. He's asking $7,500 on CL.
I dont need another project. LOL
Im on the eastern end of the island (no, not the Hamptons). Back before the citiots started moving east I used to say I was in the twigs. Thats 20 minutes past the sticks. LOL

G-Body NY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2022
I dont need another project. LOL
Im on the eastern end of the island (no, not the Hamptons). Back before the citiots started moving east I used to say I was in the twigs. Thats 20 minutes past the sticks. LOL
HAHA...come one we all don't NEED any of the million projects we have! I'm a former Queens/LI resident so I get it even though I was in Nassau County. This car was in Bay Shore. It sold rather quickly and would of been even quicker if the guy would have answered my messages sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor