Installing v8 Motor Mounts on 81 MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilSpann601

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2008
Jackson Mississippi
I finally got my drivers side v6 mount off today and installed the new v8 mount. Heres a pic can someone tell me if this looks like its installed correctly. or should i leave the mount loose for adjustments

driversidemount.jpg

1981kc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2011
I saw your picture of the clam shell mounts you used in your Monte Carlo and they look just like the ones that I have for my Malibu. My problem is I can not find the motor bracket that mounts to the block and then to the clam shell. My clam shells are about 4 inches wide and all of the brackets I have found are not wide enough. Do I have the wrong mounts or am I looking for the wrong brackets? What brackets did you use on your Monte Carlo?
LilSpann601 said:
I finally got my drivers side v6 mount off today and installed the new v8 mount. Heres a pic can someone tell me if this looks like its installed correctly. or should i leave the mount loose for adjustments

driversidemount.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor