intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
i jsut picked up a 750 quadrajet off one of my buddies for 10 bucks, gonna get it rejetted for 30. what intake would be best i was lookin at the prformer rpm but it says its a high rise, would i need a cowl hood?

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
If its going on a Chevy then no...the RPM will be fine..if is an Olds engine youll need to run a drop base aircleaner...

SBCMALIBUMAN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2008
Colorado
I would actually go with a weiand stealth.
1 its cheaper
2 more hp

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
If you get a Performer RPM, just remember that there are square flange and spread bore models. You want the spread bore-Performer RPM Q-Jet intake. I don't know if the Stealth has a multi flange plenum, but make sure it does before going any further. Oh, and the RPM Q-Jet can take square or spread bore carbs just like a standard Performer.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
i called up one of my dads friends who works with carburetors and he said that i should just keep the q jet with the stock intake, and then when i have the money, to buy a 750 edelbrock new and a square bore...id rahter just get the intake now so i dont have to pull the carb off again, just get it done in one shot. im not sure . is it worth the wait? or would it be better to just pick up the performer RPM with spread bore?

later

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Keep the Q-Jet. It's a much better carb than the Edelbrock if you take the time to set it up right. I'd just get the RPM Q-Jet intake so that you later have the option should you want it.

BTW, I just removed an Edelbrock 600 and replaced it with a Quadrajet. I just think it's better and it runs a little better too.

R/T kota

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2007
Hamilton Ontario
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Keep the Q-Jet. It's a much better carb than the Edelbrock if you take the time to set it up right. I'd just get the RPM Q-Jet intake so that you later have the option should you want it.

BTW, I just removed an Edelbrock 600 and replaced it with a Quadrajet. I just think it's better and it runs a little better too.

Agree.
Q jet is a much better carb than anything from eldelbrocks carter based carbs.
And also, the wieand stealth is a great intake but only if you have the cubes and a good set of heads to go with it.
I think wieand themselves recommend not using it on anything smaller than 380 cubes.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
so just get the spread bore q jet intake your sayin?

R/T kota

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2007
Hamilton Ontario
Ya I would stick with the q jet and some form of spread bore intake.
I think the performer is a decent choice and if I remember right, they accept both square and spread bore carbs.

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
If you get a Performer RPM, just remember that there are square flange and spread bore models. You want the spread bore-Performer RPM Q-Jet intake. I don't know if the Stealth has a multi flange plenum, but make sure it does before going any further. Oh, and the RPM Q-Jet can take square or spread bore carbs just like a standard Performer.
Agree.... I have tried out a couple of different carbs on a few of my projects.... and I feel that the Q-jet performs much better..... as for the intake I personally like the Edelbrock RPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor