Interchangability?Or what's the best/worst G-body to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks for the input you guys, I should be able to score something soon. It's hard to find a t-top car though for under $4000.

Soon I'll be a real G-Body-enthusiast.

Closest I've ever come is owning two 1980 Delta 88 coupes, one I put a 425 Olds in...they're long gone.

Thanks again

spider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2007
My 1980 el Camino has a upper/lower dash combo, so I can buy a new one from Dixie MC Depot for $70 instead of a couple of hundred for a new complete dash...

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
axisg said:
I myself wanted an '86 / '87 Cutlass 442 as I like the styling and the 8.5 rear end ( 442 & GN only ) but I didn't want the hassle of swapping out the 307 Olds motor to a chev 350.quote]

just thinking...did the GNs come with 3.73s in that 8.5" or was that just for the 442s?

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
83cut350chev said:
axisg said:
I myself wanted an '86 / '87 Cutlass 442 as I like the styling and the 8.5 rear end ( 442 & GN only ) but I didn't want the hassle of swapping out the 307 Olds motor to a chev 350.quote]

just thinking...did the GNs come with 3.73s in that 8.5" or was that just for the 442s?

As for swapping a 307 for a 350,an Olds 350 or 403 would drop right in.

The GN came with 3.42:1 gears.The 442 and Hurst Olds had 3.73:1.
The '84 H/O had the 8.5 rear end as well.

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
Unfortunately the Grand prix is the hardest to find body panels for... Montes are the easiest. As far as I know..... all mechanical parts are pretty much interchangable. My gp has a lot of monte parts on it that were donated from a 86 monte cl

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Difficulty in finding parts depends partially on where you happen to live. In some parts of the country, especially the South and Southwest, rust free sheetmetal is not particularly hard to come by. Many of these areas have U pull it yards in their larger metropolitan areas with a good selection of available parts. If you live where they salt the roads in the winter, survival rates go down. Places like Florida that have large populations of the nearly dead tend to have more of them in serviceable condition due to their owners rarely driving them anywhere but to the local Publix supermarket or the golf course. Places with high real estate prices and limited space tend to have less due to junkyards that fast cycle and people without garage space to keep dead or unused cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor