Interesting trade......

Status
Not open for further replies.

gthmcty1

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2010
Met a guy who has an 83 wagon that was originally a v6 they did a swap to the 305 and it has a turbo 350 trans, the pink is clear and the body is in really good shape it has 16" IROCS and the tires are good and the interior is in decent shape....NOW the guy says that he wants to get rid of it because it will NOT pass smog (California car) and he would gladly take my 1979 wagon that is in ok shape the drivetrain is SOLID, and it will pass smog with no problems plus $500?? But he says that he knows a smog guy that will "pass" his 83 wagon with the v6 to v8 swap?? But instead would take my 79 and $500 for his with a clear title?? Now I know for a fact that I can get the 83 smogged and then I would have a free and clear 83 wagon.....I ran the VIN and license plate and it is all legit he is the original owner of the car according to paper work....

What do you guys think?

Son, if it smells like a Mackerel , it's fishy! If he knows a guy to smog it, why would he want to trade you and let you do it? Something more to it.

It does sound abit fishy. What does it need to make it smog compliant? ..and if he knows this guy that would make it pass inspection, why didn't he go that route?
It sounds interesting, but I would still be alittle wary. Sometimes if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

You should just ask the guy, specially if he knows someone that will pass smog for him. I do know that it's starting to get pricy as years gone by, it's 150-300 now a days for someone to do so.

Appreciate the repsonses, I just went to the JY and I am going to stick with my 79.. I know the little quirks already and I am happy to deal with them, plus I have at least 7 G-Bodies to choose from for some good pickings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor