Interior dye

Status
Not open for further replies.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Just mix the stuff yourself with the codes:

I've bought the dye from GBP in the past, was not happy with the gloss and adherence.
When they were developing their dye they claimed they matched it to areas not seen by the sun... rather than use the actual Ditzler codes and I can see how it will seem off, especially with a 40 year old color which will degrade over time regardless of exposure.
Many think you just spray that stuff on as they claim, well you can't, requires SEM adhesion promotor and UV clear afterwards.
I would also avoid Gbodyparts at all costs, I've had and many others have had nothing but bad experiences... they are the most expensive vendor and other vendors sell their stuff for cheaper.

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
I say buy nos in the rite color. I hate to see sprayed interiors. They don’t look rite.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Just mix the stuff yourself with the codes:

I've bought the dye from GBP in the past, was not happy with the gloss and adherence.
When they were developing their dye they claimed they matched it to areas not seen by the sun... rather than use the actual Ditzler codes and I can see how it will seem off, especially with a 40 year old color which will degrade over time regardless of exposure.
Many think you just spray that stuff on as they claim, well you can't, requires SEM adhesion promotor and UV clear afterwards.
I would also avoid Gbodyparts at all costs, I've had and many others have had nothing but bad experiences... they are the most expensive vendor and other vendors sell their stuff for cheaper.
Thanks for posting these again. I knew I had seen them posted before, just could not remember where.
Does S.G. = Semi Gloss & L.G. = Low Gloss ??

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I say buy nos in the rite color. I hate to see sprayed interiors. They don’t look rite.
That would be ideal, but it’s not feasible at all. I sprayed a bunch of stuff for the 442 we have at my job. If I didn’t tell you I sprayed it, you couldn’t tell.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
If I can find F body interior stuff, you could too, but now you gotta pay for nos. my las pc I bought is a GM package tray in camel,
front seat belt sleeves were mint, not nos so I bought them.
ive got a sloe interior in Dk Blue, just sitting on it.
I also found a set of 4 floor mats in came, you can’t spray those, the repops look like crap.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
If I can find F body interior stuff, you could too, but now you gotta pay for nos. my las pc I bought is a GM package tray in camel,
front seat belt sleeves were mint, not nos so I bought them.
ive got a sloe interior in Dk Blue, just sitting on it.
I also found a set of 4 floor mats in came, you can’t spray those, the repops look like crap.
I’m not paying up for nos when I can get satisfactory results from properly painting my stuff. You’re also comparing f body availability to g body. There’s way more stuff out there for f bodies.

Reactions: 3 users

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
To each his own, when you sell a car that’s all painted, some that are diff colors under the paint, you draw a diff crowd who’s looking to buy, if you replace a bad panel with a nos part, was it replaced? You can’t tell.
ive seen guy sand the grain off and paint. Paint is like caulk, it should be bought with a license. Lol

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
How is someone going to know what color is under a painted part when buying a car if all of them are the same color?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor