Interior dye

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Well . . ....

Motor, trans + crossmember, rear-end housing, driveshaft, brakes, interior options (buckets vs. split-bench; gauges vs. warning lights; console; steering wheel), a/c, carpet, & some interior plastics will all be different.

Exterior paint (some), front windshield, exterior mirrors, radiator, air cleaner, ignition, carb, exhaust, suspension, wheels, & inner front wheel tubs already are different.

While not 'as-built' factory stock, the changes are re-used/rebuilt GM parts, new 'replacement' parts, or just tweaks where needed/desired for function. Color matching the interior panels will simply match the remainder of the car.

I don't think 1978 2dr 305/2bbl/th350/2.56 geared 7.5" rear-end Malibu Classics are in danger of losing value because they're not 100% original (if/when mods add value & are done cleanly).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
If the vinyl is all one shade you can spray it, most have a highs and lows a d it’s not all one shade. I just found a nice orig set of custom seat backs, I had a sprayed set, it somehow got a small chip, you can see the burg through. Me, I’ll find nos in the correct color, or mint PCs, I don’t like sprayed. If you like spayed, do your thing. Once you spray it, it’s not factory anymore.
I thought this burd had flown... 🤷‍♂️
Here's what I'm working with. I just found a really nice gauge surround for my 78 Salon Aero in the junkyard 2 days ago. It's brown. My dash is red. My concert sound door panels are grey. My trash bin kick panels are green. My unobtanium rear sail panels are tan. My A pillars are grey. My steering column is red. My center console is grey. I get the best condition parts I can find, no matter what color they are. I Can't wait to spray it all with SEM. I will get the body shop supply house to mix 2 colors for me ( Black & Carmine Red ) and spray it out of a mini touch up gun. With the proper prep and application, I expect excellent results. Combined with a new headliner, new carpet, new seat belts, and new upper door panels, Corbeau seats, Holley ProDash, and B&M shifter, I will have a stunning brand new interior.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
I thought this burd had flown... 🤷‍♂️
Here's what I'm working with. I just found a really nice gauge surround for my 78 Salon Aero in the junkyard 2 days ago. It's brown. My dash is red. My concert sound door panels are grey. My trash bin kick panels are green. My unobtanium rear sail panels are tan. My A pillars are grey. My steering column is red. My center console is grey. I get the best condition parts I can find, no matter what color they are. I Can't wait to spray it all with SEM. I will get the body shop supply house to mix 2 colors for me ( Black & Carmine Red ) and spray it out of a mini touch up gun. With the proper prep and application, I expect excellent results. Combined with a new headliner, new carpet, new seat belts, and new upper door panels, Holley ProDash, and B&M shifter, I will have a stunning brand new interior.
Spider-Man Pointing at Spider-Man 16102021190732.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
On the interior my dash is a deep green color which is my favorite but the rest of it wasn't it was a lighter sage color if I remember, so ive got a crushed green velvet/velour and the I got another set that's white but now it going a deep green too when ever I can use my arms fully again. I'll choose my color and do it all, as for the seating I've got sum blue buckets and my original back seat that the mouse fur finally disintegrated from the sun.if the material looks close enough to the plastic I'm good, now the stitch pattern is what I'm worried about straight and sharp. But what I'm saying is that my interior has changed many times and it might change again I'd rather just get it rolling again and bring it back it to the mix of rides

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor