Interior dye

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Vinyl Pro of Western PA is an excellent source for all interior restoration and repairs. Their customer service is excellent, they carry all SEM products and they can mix any color you want.
I'll look into it. ;)

Last edited:

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
So your saying making everything match is better?
original, is better.
Don't want to be poking the dragon in the eye, but what I want for myself, is better than what someone else wants for me. If you like NOS, good for you. If you don't like painted, that's OK too. Let's not argue. There is always a pro/con to every opinion.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Don't want to be poking the dragon in the eye, but what I want for myself, is better than what someone else wants for me. If you like NOS, good for you. If you don't like painted, that's OK too. Let's not argue. There is always a pro/con to every opinion.
Wise old man once told me, " There are no perfects in life, just trade offs"

I was too young to understand at the time, but as I get older than man gets more and more correct... Wish I would have listened to all the lessons he could have taught me.

Reactions: 6 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
We all have different opinions of what looks good. The color of the interior in my wagon was Gray Fern. It had a good amount of green in it. My cars silver. It looked like crap. So, I went with a factory SEM color called Presidio Gray for most of the plastic. Dash was matched to the glovebox door from a Regal. A little darker. SEM matched a small amount of color to the OEM Olds vinyl I used on my seats and I sprayed the tops of the rear door panel. I used two different cloths and one vinyl for the seats and door panels. Does it look factory ? Probably not to a purist. Does it look good ? I think it does. After all, its my car and I did the work. I could care less what other people think. LOL

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
If the vinyl is all one shade you can spray it, most have a highs and lows a d it’s not all one shade. I just found a nice orig set of custom seat backs, I had a sprayed set, it somehow got a small chip, you can see the burg through. Me, I’ll find nos in the correct color, or mint PCs, I don’t like sprayed. If you like spayed, do your thing. Once you spray it, it’s not factory anymore.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Me, I’ll find NOS in the correct color, or mint PCs, I don’t like sprayed. If you like sprayed, do your thing. Once you spray it, it’s not factory anymore.
I really don't think it is whether or not someone likes sprayed or not, it is more about what you have available to work worth and the budget you have.
Many off these interior parts are not even available in NOS condition in the color you want no matter how much money you are willing to spend.
IMO the majority on here are more concerned with having a nice looking interior even if that means interior panels are sprayed and not an exact match for the "factory look" .
It's great if you have the money, time and resources to find everything you need in NOS to do a factory restoration, on my Gbody's I don't do anything factory so reproduction parts, spraying panels etc. gets the job done and IMO looks good and I can move onto the next phase.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
If the vinyl is all one shade you can spray it, most have a highs and lows a d it’s not all one shade. I just found a nice orig set of custom seat backs, I had a sprayed set, it somehow got a small chip, you can see the burg through. Me, I’ll find nos in the correct color, or mint PCs, I don’t like sprayed. If you like spayed, do your thing. Once you spray it, it’s not factory anymore.
Who wants factory 80’s interior? The 80’s sucked for cars. The majority of members in this site modified their cars anyway. It’s not like a stock g body is worth millions.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Who wants factory 80’s interior? The 80’s sucked for cars. The majority of members in this site modified their cars anyway. It’s not like a stock g body is worth millions.
In dinars in the Middle East our cars are worth millions (1,000,000 Iraqi Dinars = 685.04 USD, 847.90 CND)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
If it ever goes outside in the sun it will fade in some way, all the points where the sun touches first will go and then different angles it reaches as it moves across the sky.park it backwards at work back deck, back of the seats,door panes ext. Park it forward the dash is exposed front of the seats, console ect. SO it's a no win if it's not in a bubble, I'd be happy with it all looking close enough(plastic,vinyl, cloth, leather are all different materials) and as it fades so will my memory of it all not matching.plus why enjoy looking for interior miss matches when you should enjoy driving know one will notice when your flying by them at any speed

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY

Cant wait to see your car when its finished.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor