Internet Privacy- I Found A New Private Search Engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, I heard an advertisement about a new search engine on the radio and figured I would give it a try. It's called "IXQUICK", and it does not store your IP address or search history like Google, Yahoo or Bing. From what I read in their privacy policy, I decided to switch. I am a bit of a privacy nut, and even though I may not be doing anything illegal online, that does not mean I want anyone knowing what I am doing. What we search is what we think about, and our thoughts are not the business of any corporation or government. I switched over my settings and homepage to use it now, and will see how it goes and how it compares to Google and Bing (the other engines I was using). Anyone else wish to share their privacy tips for internet usage? Am I nuts?

Here's the link for anyone wishing to try it out:

https://www.ixquick.com/

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
Thats nice to know, I'll deffinetly try it out, I agree with you, but it doesnt bother me as much as it does you lol

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, I have a very strong Libertarian streak. Any government or business that gets too large and is given too much power will become a threat to individual liberty. Remember that knowledge is power and data is knowledge, therefore data is power. You should always strive to give as little power as possible to others. That way, you retain more power and control over your own life. Even if you have done nothing wrong, you should always give as little information as possible. Never volunteer anything to the police, etc. Just remember that the more information you retain in any situation, the more power you have. ( I am a used car salesman's worst nightmare!...lol)

87GrandPrix

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2009
Michigan
lol, once your done looking at your p*rn just clear your history, delete cookies and temporary internet files.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I'll have to try it.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
87GrandPrix said:
lol, once your done looking at your p*rn just clear your history, delete cookies and temporary internet files.

Yeah, but the record will still exist with the ISP and search engine unless you use an HTTPS header instead of plain HTTP. Plus, what if you were looking at a way to build a directable EMP weapon to shoot down police and military aircraft while running from the government? Or home made nuclear weapons built from common household items- for fun and profit? I tend to think something harmless like one of those two queries may raise a few eyebrows... :D

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
whitey said:
I hate that there is so much personal info floating around so I will be sure to use this now , thanks for the tip eh

No problem. Let me know how it works for you. Also, you can tweak it to your liking and add or subtract features like anti-p*rn filtering, and using their servers as a proxy for all pictures too. The only negative is that if you set your browser cookies to auto delete every time you close the browser, the settings are lost and have to be reset every time you log on. I also run Firefox 3.5 and have customized it for more privacy using the No Script, Better Privacy and Ad Block plugins to limit the ability of third parties to install unwanted files on my system. Better Privacy lets you delete "Super Cookies" which are not normally deleted when you clear your temporary internet files. They are also put there by Flash videos when you view them.

The company that does this search engine is located in the most Libertarian city on Earth: Amsterdam!

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I tend to think something harmless like one of those two queries may raise a few eyebrows... :D

lmao, you remind me of my freind, hes always plotting something or another, lol

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, I get bored and have to come up with new ideas to entertain myself. It's not like I would actually do any of them. I just don't need ANOTHER episode of unmarked cars almost constantly parked across the street from my house. I also have a twisted and overly sarcastic sense of humor, so don't take me at face value with some of my more unusual posts.

BTW, the most recent things I came up with to entertain myself were reorganizing and cleaning my house followed by fixing my very ill and unemployed aunt's car so that she could go shopping and to her doctor's appointments.

However, I have thought about building the ultimate police evasion vehicle before, if only as a technical challenge and not as a serious idea. As for home Nuclear weapons, I put some thought into that too, but upon further study, I found that enriching low grade uranium ore was not possible using a 5 gallon jug, water and a car battery. The idea was to see if a heavy water reactor could be fabricated on the cheap by refining Deuterium Oxide from tap water in a 5 gallon bucket, using the electrical current from the battery to separate the D2O from the H20. I got the idea from a special on the destruction of a shipment from Norsk Hydro to Nazi Germany during WWII, where the German Post Office was developing a heavy water reactor to refine uranium into a fissionable material. How this would let me refine Uranium I never figured out. It was just one of those thoughts that came to me from watching a PBS special. (BTW, it was after discussing that on a cell phone that a friend and I were followed for a few months. It was just after 9-11, so go figure... I guess ECHELON really DOES track every call!) Heck, even if it was possible, I do not have enough of a death wish to play with that much radiation! Now building a home Calutron would be cool... but I could never afford the electric bills...or the equipment. I also don't really know what I am doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor