Is a dished piston at "Zero Deck" still zero deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Say I have a piston with a circular 14.75" dish, but the "ridge" around it, is at zero deck, aka flush with the deck surface. Is this still considered zero deck?

For clarification, the compression calculator I have spit out my nonsense as this:

compression.JPG

Just playing around with the numbers, but my point remains the same. Might be my lack of sleep, or my anticipation for whats to come later today (3:34AM here), but I can't seem to come to a conclusion myself. Any input is appreciated.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yes it's zero deck, you just need to include the dish volume which you did so you're good to go.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
piston deck height is measured to the flat part of the piston. Dome or dish volume has no bearing on deck height.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
What's your dynamic compression? That's more important than static.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you thought of this at 3:30 am???......when I was your age at 3:30 am I would be dreaming of genie

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor