Is there a way to test the oil pressure gauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangar401

One Owner
Oct 3, 2019
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
I have my gauge cluster out and this is the second time....my first attempt remedied a lot of issues but I still had the oil pressure
gauge reading over 60.

I just took the gauge cluster apart again and made sure all the contacts were secure and so forth. ALL my other gauges read fine..

I DID put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on the engine and it read 40 PSI. I also replaced or tried another oil sending unit and the gauge
still reads pegged over 60.

Is there anything I am missing here? Or is the gauge bad? I'd like to have everything working before I button things up again......... View attachment 117014
Just hookup an aftermarket gauge temporary

iains

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2019
GM oil pressure gauge sender resistance... 0Ω=0 or min psi and 60Ω=max psi
When the oil gauge is maxed it usually means you have an open (cut/broken) sender wire or the incorrect idiot light sender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor