Is this a fair price for an install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny79

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2009
DC
Energy Suspension bushing kit.
Control arms, upper/lower front & back. transmission mount, spring mounts, sway end links....

$2250

Seems high, but I know it's a major a pain in the *ss and I'm not prepared to do it myself, just wondering...

Thats a $400 $500 job here on the high side . If thats the cheapest you find . Do the easy stuff yourself to cut back on costs . Like the sway bar stuff and trans mount .

No way I could find someone to do the bushings on all control arms for $400, that I do know. Let alone all the balljoints and other misc. crap....

It's hard to find a good mechanic in northern VA that's cheap. Cost of living here I guess...

I pulled the control arms out and brought them to a shop, they did the bushings and ball joints for $150. I did all of the other stuff myself. I think $2250 is very high.

johnny79 said:
Energy Suspension bushing kit.
Control arms, upper/lower front & back. transmission mount, spring mounts, sway end links....

$2250

Seems high, but I know it's a major a pain in the *ss and I'm not prepared to do it myself, just wondering...

if your going to change the transmission mount you have to also change the engine mounts and vise versa

johnny79 said:
You are in Detroit though, huh... Who did it regular mechanic or HP shop?

I'm from detroit, but live in houston, i had a specialty lowrdider shop install them. They added an extra 400 to the bill to do it. The only suspension pieces that needed to be removed for the air bag install would be remove one end of the spindles and tie rods. The rear bags slipped in without removing the control arms. So I payed an extra 400 to have the all bushings put in. You could do alot for 2000 bucks. Put an add on craigslist foe 300 bucks to have someone come over and help you. Pay half to remove, and then half to reinstall. People want extra money and that is an 300 bucks for someone to make in a weekend.

johnny79 said:
No way I could find someone to do the bushings on all control arms for $400, that I do know. Let alone all the balljoints and other misc. crap....

It's hard to find a good mechanic in northern VA that's cheap. Cost of living here I guess...

He said Installed for . . Parts is up to him . I know oem parts and kits r cheap .

But I have redone (ball jionts,bushings ,tie rods ,sway bar etc) gbody front ends in my drive way several times on these. No problem . And changed rears On stands laying on my back .

With a lift ,press and some heat,impact tools. Be easy .

Ok For the sake of argument double it . You guys pay more per hour than here.

Well hell..

Not sure what to do, this was going to go with install of a new x-member, duals and headers... Guess I could keep looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor