Is this a fair price for an install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MR442 said:
Thats a $400 $500 job here on the high side . If thats the cheapest you find . Do the easy stuff yourself to cut back on costs . Like the sway bar stuff and trans mount .

4-500 on the high side!!!!!! :wtf: No way. I just did front suspension reubild with springs, bushings, shocks and steering linkage with my brother at the shop he works for and it took us a good 9 hours. 2 of the hours were ****ing with a spring that was being a b*tch. He said if he did the same job for a customer it would be a 1500-2000 dollar job with labor and parts cost.

cdg1984 said:
4-500 on the high side!!!!!! :wtf: No way. I just did front suspension reubild with springs, bushings, shocks and steering linkage with my brother at the shop he works for and it took us a good 9 hours. 2 of the hours were ****ing with a spring that was being a b*tch. He said if he did the same job for a customer it would be a 1500-2000 dollar job with labor and parts cost.

I got another bid out. Hopefully, they'll come in under 2k...

cdg1984 said:
Good luck. Thats definently not a job i would try to tackle in the driveway.

I know. I visualize a car with no control arms sitting for weeks in the driveway. The neighbors would love that.... :wink:

I will do my new calipers and rotors when I get it back though... :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Wagon.jpg
    Wagon.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 59
johnny79 said:
cdg1984 said:
Good luck. Thats definently not a job i would try to tackle in the driveway.

I know. I visualize a car with no control arms sitting for weeks in the driveway. The neighbors would love that.... :wink:

I will do my new calipers and rotors when I get it back though... :mrgreen:

If the bolts aren't seized in the bushing's sleeves it's not a bad job but if they are it's a b*tch of a job if you don't have a plasma. One thing you may want to check out boxed control arms that already have the bushings installed to save you some money buying new bushings then the labor to remove the old ones and install the new one..

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/i ... ucts_id=78

Little update, I got a much better price (about half) from a place that seems way more experienced. Headers, bushings being installed as we speak. Master checkwriter I am...

After I get it back, I'm going to swap out the front calipers and rotors myself. Excited to go from single wcat to dual flowmasters and 2.5 inch! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor