Is this a rare option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
Just until recently,i found out i have reclining bucket seats in my 86 cutlass salon,just wondering if this is a rare option or not,i've been hearing lately it is.the RPO my cutlass has is AR9-Seat, FRT BKT,European style,Pass a driver RECL.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
I couldn't tell you if it's rare or not but my 86 Cutlass buckets are reclining, too. Non power seats. Claret in color.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
got a 85 salon.............reclining buckets also. not that rare

two rarest options in my opinion are fiber optics package for the front/rear lights, and passenger side remote mirror

peace

jackbootedthug

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 27, 2009
Massachusetts
I'm pretty sure reclining bucket seats were standard on the Salon along with the center console and shifter.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
My 84 supreme has a reclining passenger bucket...but driver seat is non reclining. It's annoying when my girlfriend reclines back and I can't. I plan on changing, but seats are so mint I can't warrant spending too much cash on a driver bucket with recliner.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The '78-'84 Calais and '85-'87 Salon have reclining buckets as standard equipment.

The Supreme, which is typically a bench car, could be ordered with buckets, but they didn't recline.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I'd have to find the code again, but my passenger reclining bucket is from factory...my car was also made in Canada though.

ponchoman49

Apprentice
May 27, 2009
NY
Every 78-84 Calais coupe had std reclining buckets along with the 85-87 Salon coupes. Base model coupes with optional buckets seats did not come std with recliners. You could order a passenger recliner but not a driver side. All 1988 Classic coupes with optional buckets came with recliners on both sides. Keep in mind that seats could have been switched out sometime in the cars life and the above is what the factory did originally.

m6ride

n00b
May 28, 2010
I have a 87 Cutlass Supreme that I bought and want reclining bucket seats;

the car came with an extra set of what I believe are 442 bucket seats and they are for sale; need recovered,
753-1130 Memphis, TN

I also have a pair of the mechanical contraptions for a reclining seats, so I was told by the seller, and I am wondering if they will fit my seats once I remove my seat covers?? see photo

THANKS,

JW

Attachments

• reclining brackets bucket seats 001.JPG
    reclining brackets bucket seats 001.JPG
    752.6 KB · Views: 1,267
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor