Is this rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
My car has a clock(that works) plus i have this plate in front of it that has the oldsmobile rocket on it? Was the clock a additional option or a rare trim piece? Or is my old rocket plate that blocks the clock a normal item if you didn't order a clock?

The clock
IMAG0109.jpg

The plate that blocks the clock...with matching woodgrain as the rest of the interior
IMAG0108.jpg

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
The clock was an option the plate that belongs to it would have been cut out for it. The plate you have was mostlikely stuck on later. I havent seen to many of them with clocks but i bet having a car with a clock that still works is rare.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
I have seen this before in a theft recovery car and auction car. Somebody never order the correct dash assembly.. :(

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Anyone know how to set them?

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
this is the right trim for that, is your clock just sitting in there or is it properly bolted in, i believe the clock uses the top two holes in your dash and the tabs on the clock should be opposite corners... two tabs

P2250232.jpg

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Ls cool thats it, just up side down; where did you locate that?

rlsllc

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2007
Ohio
LSCustoms said:
this is the right trim for that, is your clock just sitting in there or is it properly bolted in, i believe the clock uses the top two holes in your dash and the tabs on the clock should be opposite corners... two tabs

P2250232.jpg

It's upside down.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
rlsllc said:
LSCustoms said:

P2250232.jpg

It's upside down.
Dragonist said:
Ls cool thats it, just up side down; where did you locate that?
:oops: ... just noticed that too, i saw it at the last Pomona swap meet, for $5... this one i just grabbed a quick pic of it off internet to show it

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Thanks Ls I'll look around

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
Thats the same piece they used on the 83 hurst olds.Heres a 83 hurst olds dash piece with the clock cut out.

Attachments

• DSC00894.JPG
    DSC00894.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 729
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor