Is your G-body "Old School" or "Restomod"?

Is your G-body "Old School" or "Restomod"?

• "Old School"

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • "Restomod"

Votes: 23 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
.I did this swap at 19 so I was learning...
20141203_200048-jpg.68780

I am guessing after this you learned that you needed 90 boot ends on the plugs wires instead of straights.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
20141203_200048-jpg.68780

I am guessing after this you learned that you needed 90 boot ends on the plugs wires instead of straights.
Yep! That's a factor of being young and inexperienced. I ordered the wrong wires, but made them work but cutting about 1/2" off the straight ends....backyard mechanic stuff there lol!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Yep! That's a factor of being young and inexperienced. I ordered the wrong wires, but made them work but cutting about 1/2" off the straight ends....backyard mechanic stuff there lol!
Yup, did a lot of improvising back in the day with lack of experience and funds.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well it is an olds and if it had an olds they would have worked fine so right car right wire wrong motor? Lol

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I prefer the term hot-rod to resto-mod for my heap. All upgrades were / are done in an effort to keep the car stock appearing whilst upgrading what I can with stock parts that are available from roughly the era the car was made in.
EI: Larger engine thats still SBC and painted Corp Blue but produces twice the HP of the stock engine. The only electronics I use is an A/F Ratio Gauge. Hot rodding at it's best. Resto Mod to me would involve all electronics and FI that something modern would use EI: mikes wagon. Old School would be something likes Eds time capsule of an SS down to the air pump !

Some of the hotrodded SSs have headers and performance cams while retaining the smog pumps. Wonder where those would go?

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Some of the hotrodded SSs have headers and performance cams while retaining the smog pumps. Wonder where those would go?
Make a new label. "Sleeperformance." Say it; it's sleek and sexy. "Sleeperformance."

Reactions: 3 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I picked "Old School" because my current car is mechanically the way I wanted one when I was high school (well TH400 instead of a Muncie).

I also think Old School because it has a carb, 15 inch wheels, big block Chevy with 12.5 compression, 4.10 gears, no overdrive, no air conditioning...it's a basic hot rod.

To me a restomod would include overdrives (not all G-body cars had 200-4R as an option). Sanden style after market A/C, fuel injection, LS swap, turbo, pro charger, huge wheels, huge brakes....swoopy ergonomic interior, fast power windows....

Nothing wrong with any of it, the a/c and overdrives will make these cars live longer and be more enjoyable.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
With 12.5:1 compression, what do you run for fuel? Does it see street duty of just the track?

I picked "Old School" because my current car is mechanically the way I wanted one when I was high school (well TH400 instead of a Muncie).

I also think Old School because it has a carb, 15 inch wheels, big block Chevy with 12.5 compression, 4.10 gears, no overdrive, no air conditioning...it's a basic hot rod.

To me a restomod would include overdrives (not all G-body cars had 200-4R as an option). Sanden style after market A/C, fuel injection, LS swap, turbo, pro charger, huge wheels, huge brakes....swoopy ergonomic interior, fast power windows....

Nothing wrong with any of it, the a/c and overdrives will make these cars live longer and be more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor