Is your G-body "Old School" or "Restomod"?

Is your G-body "Old School" or "Restomod"?

• "Old School"

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • "Restomod"

Votes: 23 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I think its restomod and a bit !
1979 MC with a 305 running on LPG, its getting a th200r4 and rebuild rear axle (3.42)
Its rusted as it can be, and is currently in the process of being rustorated.
Made some alterations on the door as the bottom nearly fell out.
Doing all the work myself, and slowly its becoming a car again.
Custom door handle that works

wXzmYCcm.jpg

3memVBpm.jpg

RWbw2alm.jpg

U8Lxh11m.jpg

McxOSoPm.jpg

I like that handle. Where'd you get that?

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017
Guess if it is carbureted is old school.
Pictures? Picture this Bowtie dressed. :)
It goes in here....
24 motor.jpg

Then Dr. Gas speaks....
24 Truck 6.jpg

Breath in, breath out ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

85OLDS9vin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 22, 2017
Ny
The definition of a restoredmod is any vehicle that has been modified or updated with parts that arent factory originals. For example, mine is completely stock atm minus my slight 442 imitation paint job, emissions removal, edelbrock air cleaner and a pillar mounted tach....at a glance it seems all original if you didn't know the difference between an f body to an n body, but it's still a restomod on the low end of the scale. I know most of you know the definition but I had to clarify, reading your posts. Besides.....any good g body owner here worth his salt I believe eventually will make it 'his own' in one way or another.....I don't believe in old school factory originals unless it's a late 60's true 442. Just sayin'.

Reactions: 1 user

85OLDS9vin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 22, 2017
Ny
Clutch, you are on the nose....good man!

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
The definition of a restoredmod is any vehicle that has been modified or updated with parts that arent factory originals. For example, mine is completely stock atm minus my slight 442 imitation paint job, emissions removal, edelbrock air cleaner and a pillar mounted tach....at a glance it seems all original if you didn't know the difference between an f body to an n body, but it's still a restomod on the low end of the scale. I know most of you know the definition but I had to clarify, reading your posts. Besides.....any good g body owner here worth his salt I believe eventually will make it 'his own' in one way or another.....I don't believe in old school factory originals unless it's a late 60's true 442. Just sayin'.

My two cents is that what you are describing is 'modified'. I would say that modifying/upgrading can happen over the years and the can can still be 'Old School'. For example, if you upgrade your fuel system to a modern fuel injection setup it would be a 'restomod' in my opinion.. If you retain a carburetor, that would be 'Old School'.

Of course this is just my point of view..

• Agree

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017

How can you say yours is "completely stock" and then say you ripped out all the emission controls. Jus sayin :wtf:
Stock is Stock.
It's that simple.
Bought mine in 1991 and have dreamed of 'making it my own' but never did (even though I hold the Title). IMO it is (has been) more difficult the 'leave it alone' then bolt on goodies

So... I guess you would think I'm 'not worth my salt' but the car is (worth more). :doh:
Some get flucked with and less of them don't..

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017
My Bad...
sorry.gif

I am worth my salt!
dance3.gif

Forgot, Removed the stripes.
IMG_0641.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Oldschool...RestoMod...

Whatever you wanna call it...I call it...

...MINE!

Cutlass_low.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor