CUTLASS ISO 1978 to 1980 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
I would like to find a 78-80 Cutlass OEM 305 chevy and a Saginaw 4spd trans car. Let`s see what is still out there.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Where are you located?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Mine isn't for sale and doesn't have enough pedals anyway. Sorry to sidetrack but is your avatar at Firebird? A Butlass 442 is one of my bucket list cars.

Reactions: 2 users

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
Mine isn't for sale and doesn't have enough pedals anyway. Sorry to sidetrack but is your avatar at Firebird? A Butlass 442 is one of my bucket list cars.
The avatar is at PIR in Portland but Firebird is home track.

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I have (3) aero cars, so I was curious about the avatar as well, when i saw your post yesterday.

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
I have (3) aero cars, so I was curious about the avatar as well, when i saw your post yesterday.
Here is another photo of the car. Pro bracket, 421 SBC, Glide, Moser 12 bolt. 10.20`s 130mph.

Attachments

• Buttless Cutlass.JPG
    Buttless Cutlass.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
I'm down inNM there's about 7 around me, four speeds not very likely
Local yard (N of las Cruces) had three decent bodied project cars, but they crushed out 20 months ago. Already had too much stuff, and simply too far from customers to risk buying them. All were autos. Frankly was surprised they didn't go to dirt track people, but locally here they haven't been using G cars much anymore.
Total Chevy manual trans production ('78-'81) was supposedly less than 1 percent of total, so am guessing BOP numbers were even lower. There was a Guy a while back, selling a '77 - '79 ish Bellhousing on the Buick site, it might have come from that Unicorn Olds 260 with the five speed T-50 Borg Warner. Talk about rare.

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
Local yard (N of las Cruces) had three decent bodied project cars, but they crushed out 20 months ago. Already had too much stuff, and simply too far from customers to risk buying them. All were autos. Frankly was surprised they didn't go to dirt track people, but locally here they haven't been using G cars much anymore.
Total Chevy manual trans production ('78-'81) was supposedly less than 1 percent of total, so am guessing BOP numbers were even lower. There was a Guy a while back, selling a '77 - '79 ish Bellhousing on the Buick site, it might have come from that Unicorn Olds 260 with the five speed T-50 Borg Warner. Talk about rare.
Thanks for the comeback. These cars are pretty rare and I think you are wright that alot of them went circle track racing. Thats OK though. I used up some G-body cars circle track racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor