It runs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fomoco71

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2009
Sharps Chapel, TN
Got the 455 started, sounds good but gotta get a driveshaft cut for it. Used a '68 Malibu crossmember so I got a double hump for real dual exhaust. Hopefully it'll be driving by the end of the week!

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Nice! It's a good feeling isn't it? 8)

Can you post some pics of the crossmember?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Sweet!

Post some pics!

Attachments

• 83howindowstickersample.jpg
    83howindowstickersample.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 99

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
Good going man!!! Have fun with it.

When we started up my neighbors 440 six pack, open headers in a small garage, let me tell you... :shock: scared the living crap out of me...

fomoco71

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2009
Sharps Chapel, TN
A little update. Drove it home a few days ago, the carb is junk, and now the starter is dragging even though I've got a 1,000 CA battery, a huge(from a road tractor) hot cable and supposedly a new starter. But the old engine doesn't smoke, the trans shifts fine and the cut driveshaft is smooth(up to about 55 or 60 so far on the back roads). It's a one wheel peeler though, but maybe that'll keep the dinky little 10 bolt alive until I figure out if I want to go 9" or do the 8.8 Fox Mustang swap. I know the bigger 10 bolt from a 442 or Grand national is a bolt in, but I'm not paying the kind of money they bring for one of 'em. Hopefully tomorrow I can swap the q-jet for my holley 700dp (too much carb, but it's all I got good right now) and figure out the hot start problem. Then it'll be time to visit the exhaust shop to shut it up some(got 2 straight pipes tacked on that end about halfway under the front seat). Nice driving little car though, and handles ok considering the big block squashing the v6 springs(but it sure sits cool-about 2" lower than stock).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor