It's been a long time coming, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
GIVE 'ER TH' BEANS!! WOOOO!

Got the wagon out this week. Total blast to drive, but just a few more things to fix before she's really a good daily car.

No blower motor (pretty sure it's the relay)
Vacuum actuators in dash won't actuate, thinking I need a new vacuum reservoir.
Need to charge the A/C System (do we see a pattern yet?)
Gotta get some minor body work done to patch a couple of small holes in the floor
Insulation and sound deadener, then carpet
Wire up the vacuum set up for the automatic torque converter lockup.

and uhh... other than that not much. Maybe give it a little more vacuum advance, I guess?

After this I've got another project to work on after doing some repairs on my other daily driver. Fun!

Attachments

• 104416912_593938568189355_5117941491058938692_o.jpg
    104416912_593938568189355_5117941491058938692_o.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 325
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I like the stance and wheels. Gonna be a pretty fun ride, what's under the hood?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
2 things on the HVAC: the relay only does high speed on the blower; the lower speeds go through a resistor pack (5/6 pin plug next to the blower motor). AND, you would have to have a pretty rowdy cam to lose vacuum. Power brakes work, right? If the vents aren't switching , it's probably the selector. The plastic rivet breaks, and makes a leak. Replace it with a screw.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
All wagons - GOOD - wish I had one!

Reactions: 2 users

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
2 things on the HVAC: the relay only does high speed on the blower; the lower speeds go through a resistor pack (5/6 pin plug next to the blower motor). AND, you would have to have a pretty rowdy cam to lose vacuum. Power brakes work, right? If the vents aren't switching , it's probably the selector. The plastic rivet breaks, and makes a leak. Replace it with a screw.
Yeah, it's not getting anything. I replaced the relay, and it was working for like a day and then she decided to give out... checked the fuses, none were blown, bench tested the fan, and it worked so I dunno. I've never had a relay die that quick before. As for the vacuum actuators, I changed out the whole selector assembly with the one out of the Regal I've got in the garage, and it didn't change anything. The cam is a little rough at idle, but it isn't totally outrageous or anything, though vacuum is a little lower than you'd get on a stock set up. Power brakes work fine, and I've got a vacuum gauge on the dash. At idle I get around 15 inHg or so, maybe slightly less. Thing is, my vacuum gauge is on the same manifold vacuum lead that the vacuum for the actuators is set up on, so if I'm getting vac at the gauge I've got to be getting it at the actuators. Maybe the diaphragm on one is damaged and effecting the others? I've used a vacuum pump to test them individually, and the only one I couldn't visually confirm was working was the one all the way up in the back area of the box that had the red vacuum lead, and it did seem to have some difficulty holding vacuum... but when that one's not being used the others shouldn't have trouble.

*EDIT*
Was just out for a ride in it, and my vacuum is at about 10-11 inHg at idle in gear, and about 13 inHg in park/neutral. I gotta try my vacuum pump again to see where it starts opening the actuators. Maybe she's just not pulling enough vacuum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor