It's Hard AF trying to find a driveshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
I, been looking for a drive shaft for about a 2-3 weeks because I just replaced my 700r4 with a th350 turbo, kind of seems I should've went with another 700r4 looking for a stock drive shaft is like looking for gold blind in a desert wit no shovel :blam: and yes, I thought about getting one made but the stupid people keep asking do you have a longer drive shaft so we can shortten it NOOOOO GD STFU im pissed...

watchdog

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Isnt a th350 drive shaft and a 200-4r the same length? I have an 84 SS and switch trannys from th350-200-4r and Im almost positive I used the same drive shaft. 200-4r driveshafts are pretty common. I have a couple laying around.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Where are you located at? I had the same problem with my swap to a TH400 a year ago and I found a junkyard named Kromer's in Sandusky, Ohio. They had a barn full of driveshafts . . . literally.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
-83MONTESS- said:
Where are you located at? I had the same problem with my swap to a TH400 a year ago and I found a junkyard named Kromer's in Sandusky, Ohio. They had a barn full of driveshafts . . . literally.

Im located in Atlanta, Ga..

Pbngem

Greasemonkey
Oct 17, 2010
watchdog said:
Isnt a th350 drive shaft and a 200-4r the same length? I have an 84 SS and switch trannys from th350-200-4r and Im almost positive I used the same drive shaft. 200-4r driveshafts are pretty common. I have a couple laying around.
This is absolutely correct. With this being the case, it should increase your chances of finding one

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Pbngem said:
watchdog said:
This is absolutely correct. With this being the case, it should increase your chances of finding one

Alright, thanks i'll take this info straight to pull-a-part.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
TeezySupreme said:
Pbngem said:
watchdog said:

Alright, thanks i'll take this info straight to pull-a-part.

And then you can take that one to get shortened. There are places online and sometimes local that will build one from scratch but you're looking at 300+.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
You are stuck finding a stock one to shorten or having it made. It may cost around 100 to shorten and balance, so the cheaper you find a stock one the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor