It's Memorial Day

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
This was my hometown last year during the parade. When my kids were young (now 27 and 33) these streets were packed with people holding flags and clapping as different groups walked by. Three fire departments, two school bands. Multiple community organizations. Some people could use Covid as an excuse but the 5 or 6 previous years werent much better. Pretty sad when you think about it. Between the two towns theres over 13K residents.
285052118_10228569565731237_5075693303148379253_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I am not worried about our young people. They are a lot sturdier than you give them credit for. Yes, many have had an easy life, and can't see beyond their cell phone. But if you talk to a current soldier, sailor, they are just like us. They joined up to make a difference. Or it was a career move. Whatever, they are doing just fine and I trust them to soldier on just like we did. As much as I would love to see a return of the draft, I do NOT trust our politicians to not use them recklessly. The late Charlie Rangel, Congressman from Harlem, NY, introduced a Selective Service bill every year, religiously. It failed, every year, because there was NO exemptions. No rich kid, college kid, snowflake kid, exemptions, EVEYRONE served. Whatever your situation, we'll find a way for you to serve honorably. Can you imagine what a country we would have if EVERYONE was a veteran? But of course the politicians want YOUR kids to go and die, but not THEIR kids. That was the problem during Vietnam. Rich kids ducked it, poor kids went. And that tore the country apart. This country has a history of forcing you to go to war, then ignoring you when it is over. I think the soldier should be the highest paid, most respected citizen. We owe them that.

Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
You are talking to different people than me apparently. I'm my age, got out of the Military in mid 2011 after 10 years in, and went to college. In college currently for another degree. The current Military and the people I've encountered are hot garbage compared to what I was brought up and trained in.

Then again maybe it's just me but highly unlikely because my fellow troops are the same as me and think the same way. It's crap and needs to be rectified.

I firmly believe EVERYONE between the age of 18-22 needs to do two years active duty Military with one Deployment somewhere real. The Military 20 years ago too not this crap now. That will make society much better.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
So my FB post has well over 100 likes. Some from people in the community that I know. A few young women want to know why the start time cant be changed to 10 or 11 AM. Reason they give is getting out of the house with young children is tough that early. Mind you, its only about a half dozen 25-30 year olds. Ive been going to this parade since I was a kid. It ALWAYS started at 9AM on the dot. I have to bite my tongue. Its one day a year. Lazy bimbos. My son was 8 and my daughter was 3. I'd park my pickup on the south side of the road so my wife and daughter could sit on the tailgate. My daughter used to hold a small American flag and wave to all the people walking by. I really want to tell these women just to stay the **** home. SMH

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yup, you thinking about moving out of the USA to a better place?
Who said the country was the problem?

It's the PEOPLE. People are garbage. Everywhere. People need to be BETTER.

Trust me if I could own my island and have the 6 people I like come over, I'd be in my perfect utopia.

I admire your shot at me tho instead of actually addressing the actual point I'm making. Bravo.

Mikester has a very well written paragraph of what my statement backs but hey let's jab at the guy who says step up and be better. This is why society is garbage. 🙄

Last edited:

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Who said the country was the problem?

It's the PEOPLE. People are garbage. Everywhere. People need to be BETTER.

Trust me if I could own my island and have the 6 people I like come over, I'd be in my perfect utopia.

I admire your shot at me tho instead of actually addressing the actual point I'm making. Bravo.

Mikester has a very well written paragraph of what my statement backs but hey let's jab at the guy who says step up and be better. This is why society is garbage. 🙄
Hey its not the physical traits of a country that make it a country, isn't it the people? If you don't like the people move to an island inhabited by just one (you).

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Hey its not the physical traits of a country that make it a country, isn't it the people? If you don't like the people move to an island inhabited by just one (you).
Thank you for quoting, replying to, and stating literally what I said.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor