Jeep steering shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
what model and year jeep steering shaft will fit a g body? I have an 86 SS El Camino with a V8, and I hear that you get a lot of bang for your buck with this upgrade, since you can get a steering shaft from a junkyard for maybe 50 bucks. Thanks

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Sorry about the spelling errors in the title of this thread. Typing this on my phone, and I guess I hit the wrong buttons

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Sorry about the spelling errors in the title of this thread. Typing this on my phone, and I guess I hit the wrong buttons
You can go back and edit your posts for spelling and such rather than posting apologies.
Lol
Just use the "tools" button at the bottom of your post, select "edit", and fix/change what you need. Just make sure to save your changes when you're done.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
A junkyard intermediate shaft will cost you about $10.00 or so. I know I paid about $8.00 for my Jeep shaft a few years ago. Also check out the Chevy Astro/ Safari shaft. It's supposed to be superior in construction and design. You should be able to find a thread on it in the forum if you do a search.

Reactions: 1 user

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
You can go back and edit your posts for spelling and such rather than posting apologies.
Lol
Just use the "tools" button at the bottom of your post, select "edit", and fix/change what you need. Just make sure to save your changes when you're done.
Thanks for the tip dude. I guess you learn something new every day

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I use my phone for calling people and answering calls....:mrgreen:
I don't believe you , those features will not be available until the new I phone 7 comes out.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I use my phone for calling people and answering calls....:mrgreen:

I don't believe you , those features will not be available until the new I phone 7 comes out.

I'm with 565. Who the hell uses their phone as an actual "phone" anymore?
Lol
You guys and the humour on here is awesome. Yet another great benefit of being a member here.
Thanks for the chuckles guys. Appreciate it.

Luke, so sorry for the thread jack man. As Jack (Longroof79) said, there's many great threads and info on here regarding the Jeep shafts. Just do a search for it and get all the info you need.
Good luck.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
One last question. People have told me this is a good upgrade, but I don't reasly know why it is. Does anyone knowthe benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor