Jegs is charging sales tax now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
What does the tax on the gas I buy go to? I thought that was for the roads.
What do I pay property tax for? I thought that bought the public services.

At the risk of getting this shut down for politics, I will say only this.....those would be very good questions for your state and local representatives My property tax bill here in OK has a breakdown of where the money goes, and for motor fuel tax, there are some answers here https://okpolicy.org/resources/onli...-system/oklahomas-major-taxes/motor-fuel-tax/

When I have a budget short fall, I stop spending.

Agreed on the stopping spending when money gets tight.... Unfortunately, governments have more than just a handful of people to support, and everybody thinks THEY deserve it most

Reactions: 1 users

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
This'll be unpopular, so flame away.......

All this bitching about sales tax on internet purchases....

You guys realize that states have had a MAJOR budget shortfall due to all the online shopping that didn't collect sales tax, right?

You know where the money for police, fire, road repairs, teachers, and a million other things that we all use comes from? SALES TAX.

Those shitty roads we all b*tch about? No tax dollars to fix 'em., Schools that don't have the money for field trips or copy paper? No tax dollars to buy them. Never a cop around when you need one? No tax dollars to replace the retirees, let alone ADD police.

It sucks, but like Pogo says....we have seen the enemy, and they are us

2017 shows that 31 states had a shortage, 29 states had a surplus.

Sales tax does not go to "a million other things," the list isn't exactly long and it's all public information for each state. Michigan for example has less than 20 things that the sales tax goes to, none of them being road repairs. There's a state fuel tax for that.

The appeal of "under the counter" money is growing each day to me.

Reactions: 1 user

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
As often happens with "innovation," this started here in California when the state got Amazon to start collecting tax. Who of course had no retail locations at all, but did have some warehouses here. That broke the ice, and here we are.

Reactions: 1 user

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
This'll be unpopular, so flame away.......

All this bitching about sales tax on internet purchases....

You guys realize that states have had a MAJOR budget shortfall due to all the online shopping that didn't collect sales tax, right?

You know where the money for police, fire, road repairs, teachers, and a million other things that we all use comes from? SALES TAX.

Those shitty roads we all b*tch about? No tax dollars to fix 'em., Schools that don't have the money for field trips or copy paper? No tax dollars to buy them. Never a cop around when you need one? No tax dollars to replace the retirees, let alone ADD police.

It sucks, but like Pogo says....we have seen the enemy, and they are us

Sorry, but, you just believe all their lies. (((THEY))) are not "us". These parasites have been sucking the American people dry since the creation of the Federal Reserve. Just like the (((media))) they flat out lie in our faces. These leeches never have enough. They claim a certain budget, and tell the people they need more money, when in reality, they have taken in well over what they need, while they tell us, they're short. They can never steal enough. :mad:

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Looks like rockauto is on the bandwagon now I just got whacked sales tax on a fuel pump forth the wife's car :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor