Jegs stainless exhaust kit, super deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
So to those who got their boxes, what do the mufflers look like? Are they standard turbo type mufflers?

Some one post a video of their car with the finished exhaust!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So to those who got their boxes, what do the mufflers look like? Are they standard turbo type mufflers?!
They appear to be a stainless turbo that also have the ends fully welded instead just folded over.
They also weigh about 9.5 lbs on my bathroom scale.

20180829_204159-1_resized.jpg
20180829_204227-1_resized.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
They appear to be a stainless turbo that also have the ends fully welded instead just folded over.
They also weigh about 9.5 lbs on my bathroom scale.
They are heavy compaired to the Pypes set I have. I'm plaining to use the Pypes set cause the are lighter & seem an inch or two thinner.

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
So it won’t let me upload a video straight from my iPhone... I’ll take a video tomorrow.

I went from no mufflers and side pipes to this kit. I’ll probably be ditching the turbo mufflers at some point in favor of some off set straight throughs.

I also ended up buying all new clamps from the part store since I broke one of the provided ones and upon removing another of the provided ones, I noticed I had deformed the threads at the point of compression.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Found a little better instructions on the summit kit that looks identical.

I also needed adapters since my headers did not have ring flanges on them. I used walker part #41974 3” ID to 2.5” OD adapter, picked them up at advanced auto.
I just looked over the pictures in those instructions & they are way better than what Jegs has. BTW, that is a Jegs trans X-member in those pictures.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor