motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Those are not turbo-style mufflers, they are chamber-style. Similar design to the ones from Pypes (Violator) I have on my wagon.

do they suppress sound? I'm looking for something that's pretty quiet. I also have the exhaust system, I just haven't opened it yet.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
do they suppress sound? I'm looking for something that's pretty quiet. I also have the exhaust system, I just haven't opened it yet.

I can't hear other cars around me when it is running... so yeah... I guess they do.

• Creative
  • In Love
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Those are not turbo-style mufflers, they are chamber-style. Similar design to the ones from Pypes (Violator) I have on my wagon.
i guess they would be chambered, they list turbos in the kit. I am guessing the Violators are loud

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
I can't hear other cars around me when it is running... so yeah... I guess they do.

Was this the Jegs kit? Sounds good! Do you have a video inside the car with it running? I think we all hit a home run here.

My box showed up today and was destroyed as well. Every hanger, clamp and the reducers were missing. The replacement parts are in the mail being overnighted to me as we type this. While it took 30 minutes on the phone, zero fuss and they had no hesitation on the expedited shipping. Huge thumbs up to Jegs!

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Was this the Jegs kit? Sounds good! Do you have a video inside the car with it running? I think we all hit a home run here.

Nope, Pypes 3" with an x-pipe and cats. But, tubes are just tubes. It is really the engine, tuning, and other factors that make an exhaust system sound good - not the kit itself.

Compression, overlap, lift, duration, base timing, header design and size, shape of the combustion chamber, H-pipe, X-pipe, no cross-over, etc all contribute to a good or poor sounding exhaust. That said, you could get the nicest exhaust in the world and slap it behind a 130hp V8 and it would sound like a boat or tow truck, or you could cobble together the shittiest exhaust behind the greatest engine and it would sound a bit cheated, or you get a decent exhaust and decent power plant together and you end-up with what I showed you.

No one exhaust system is going to turn a turd into a diamond... no matter how hard you squeeze.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor