Jegster Doublehump xmember help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jusbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 9, 2009
Concord, NC
I have posted this yesterday as a reply to a thread, but i'll make a new one.

I have the jegster double hump for the TH350 (p/n:41050) My 81 malibu 4-door originally had the th350 w/O.D and I am putting in a sbc 350/ th350 combo. So I took the old x member out and went to put the jegster in, but how the heck does it go? My Emergency break cable interferes with it when mount lays on the frame and the box (of the x member) sits flush.
Any pointers? Pictures? Help?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I've got one of those too, but I couldn't use it because the humps were too small for my headers. It should be mounted just as it looks in this picture, with the tab for the trans mount facing toward the engine.
55041050.jpg

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
I have the jegster doublehump in 84 Regal with 350 Chevy and 700R4 and the cable doesn't interfere with the crossmember and works perfectly

jusbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 9, 2009
Concord, NC
I've got one of those too, but I couldn't use it because the humps were too small for my headers. It should be mounted just as it looks in this picture, with the tab for the trans mount facing toward the engine.

Qdub, what headers do you have? They must be pretty big. I got the hedman H8047 heads.
Oh, thank you for the response and the picture, I got it in today and made the e-brake cable ride on top of the mount.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
So you guys like that xmember? I want to get one for my Malibu in the future, but don't know what brand to get.

Jusbro, you should post some pics of your car. I always like to see other 4-doors on here. :)

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
jusbo said:

Qdub, what headers do you have? They must be pretty big. I got the hedman H8047 heads.
Oh, thank you for the response and the picture, I got it in today and made the e-brake cable ride on top of the mount.

You're welcome. I've got Poston Buick's Super Comp headers for a Buick 455 with the 3.5" collectors.
26890260121_large.jpg

I've still got this, I'll probably use it on my other Cutlass whenever I finally git rid of the 700-R4 that's in it.
26890260122_large.jpg

I ended up having to order this G-Force crossmember for mine.
RCG350.JPG

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Phoenyx said:
So you guys like that xmember? I want to get one for my Malibu in the future, but don't know what brand to get.

Jusbro, you should post some pics of your car. I always like to see other 4-doors on here. :)

Thats the exact crossmember i have and it works fine with my TH350 and 90$ summit headers with 3in collectors.

342lx

n00b
Nov 22, 2009
I have the g-force. I can't see how any exhaust would fit under the jegster model, looks real shallow

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
I got the Dynomax Headers and the complete Jegs dual exhaust package for mine with jegster double hump cross member..Hedman Hedders sucks and nothing fit right. I called them up and theres nothing they can do for me, so I gave them away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor