Jet performance Carbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldsmoletick said:
Good find, I wouldn't even mess with it, do a factory spec rebuild, and see how it runs, then tweak as necessary. Looks like it was off a 425, so being that it had egr, it's tuned lean, running it on your desmogged 403 (assuming here 😳 ), you may be right on, if not very close.
I run a 425 Caddy carb on the 400 in my El Camino. It idles a bit rich but runs great all over. The electric choke is a nice bonus and it still manages to get respectable MPG. I liked it so much, I grabbed a 2nd one later just in case I do another 400ish engine in the future. Seems like the Cadillac carbs don't get worn out as much as other Qjets. Must be a combination of low miles and gentle drivers that those '70s luxo-barges enjoyed.

I picked up another Qjet from a garage for 20$ lol, ken said it might have been from a chevy truck in the 80's, doesn't have any electronic hook ups so it's not a CCCarb. Id number is 17080213 2783 cpx

Yup 80 chevy truck, that's what I run on my jeep, careful with those, not all of them have a ported vacuum source (if you use ported over full manifold). They are pretty mellow carbs, and work great on 6 cylinders with a little tweaking. :lol:

Oldsmoletick said:
Yup 80 chevy truck, that's what I run on my jeep, careful with those, not all of them have a ported vacuum source (if you use ported over full manifold). They are pretty mellow carbs, and work great on 6 cylinders with a little tweaking. :lol:

I had a ford 300CI straight six about a year and so again that was begging for this carb lol. I'll hold on to it incase somebody else needs it, or if i run into a 6 banger project someday. Plenty of cars out there i'd like to convert to carb/dizzy lol.

This is off subject but don't they make a belt driven dizzy to help retro vehicles back to a carb/dizzy with vac adv setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor