Jet performance Carbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
shanghaismith said:
I bought the carb for my 403 from Sean Murphy (he was the head man at Jet at one time). I gave him all my engine, trans, and rear end specs and he built an 800 cfm for my car. I bolted it on and it worked much better than the Summit reman Q-Jet I had been using. If you go for a carb built for your car it may take awhile, I got mine about 4 weeks after I placed my order but it was worth the wait.
http://www.smicarburetor.com/products/sfID1/28/sfID2/9

Had my carb rebuilt by SMI too, he does an excellent job.

Alright i managed to make it out there today and pulled a carb from a buick (i think) 455, i'm cleaning it up alittle and tearing it down some. I thinks the motor was from a 75, it has an electric choke that i'm hoping can be used again.

As soon as i get the cam i think im going to give SMI a call and see how much/ how long it'll take to get my carb and get it back to me. I'm limited on time with this, I've got to have the car ready to go by april 4th because im relocating to North Carolina.

pontiacgp said:
maybe they have an identical carb to yours and they could take yours in as a core

Thats a good idea too lol.

I managed to get the crank girdle/ studs, cam thrust kit ordered from dickmiller today and he gave me a good cam recomendation through comp cams, because i've got a bunch of store credti through them. I also got that ordered today, check out the specs...

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam- ... =1463&sb=0

I managed to pickup a rocker kit as well, rolllerrr tips.

I'm so excited to get this motor togethor and blaze a trail down the east coast. :twisted:
My friends back home are going to sh*t up there backs when they hear this thing.

Just to give you another option

I can turn your carb around in about a week and a half. I have built hundreds of Quadrajets all makes and models but I am a Buick guy at heart. Carbs for applications from a 383 Camaro running 12.31 inthe quarter all the way to a bone stock 350 Skylark or electronic Monte SS qjet. Everything inbetween.

I have plenty of Buick 455 and 350 carbs in stock and I can custom calibrate your carb for your combo.

Check out my vendor spot on this forum

or my website http://www.everyday-performance.com

or search v8Buick.com for feedback on my work

If I can be of service email me at [email protected]

out of curiosity, what is the number on the carb you picked up?

I have a Jet stage II qjet. I got it from a guy who used it a couple weeks and put a holly on instead. It works great and I learned to tune it properly using the original service manual. Always starts, never diesels, never stalls.

Whoops.....So i probably pulled this carb off of a caddy motor.

Number 17057230
3226 ARF

The motor was half way covered with a tarp and some other things so i couldn't tell. I THOUGHT it was an olds motor because the dizzy was behind the intake ( i think, wasn't mounted up front so where else would it be lol) and the intake manifold was wider than me. Totally forgot about those freakin' caddy motors being tucked in every corner of the building.

Good find, I wouldn't even mess with it, do a factory spec rebuild, and see how it runs, then tweak as necessary. Looks like it was off a 425, so being that it had egr, it's tuned lean, running it on your desmogged 403 (assuming here 😳 ), you may be right on, if not very close.

I actually decided to go through Everyday performance, Techg8 posted information about the company. Ken setup the carb around my motors specs, i'm really excited to get it and get this motor togethor. :twisted:

I won the raffle that Ken ran, and I am about to send him my carb. I have a lot of confidence in him after emailing back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor