Joke of the day

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Have not seen that movie but it doesn't surprise me. Mel Brooks made it much of his life work to parody the normal and commonplace. What is totally ironic about this song and its singer is that Mel Brooks himself Is Jewish!! On both sides, mother and father. It seems to be something of a character or survival trait that the Jews can find themselves capable of poking fun at many of the things that hurt them most.

Nick

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Have not seen that movie but it doesn't surprise me. Mel Brooks made it much of his life work to parody the normal and commonplace. What is totally ironic about this song and its singer is that Mel Brooks himself Is Jewish!! On both sides, mother and father. It seems to be something of a character or survival trait that the Jews can find themselves capable of poking fun at many of the things that hurt them most.

Nick
you've never seen the movie? o_O
what about Blazing Saddles? even Mel says he couldn't make that movie nowadays.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Blazing Saddles??? More than once, or twice, or thrice or............................... often.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Th

Nick
That is one of the major reasons his does it in most of his movies. He’s making fun of himself via. Jewish jokes. If you ever watched Blazing Saddles ( another of his) the co-writing was Richard Pryor. Thus all the Black jokes

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
SpaceBalls, Young Frankenstein (with Gene Wilder),History of The World -Part I, Robin Hood-Men In Tights. Mel Brooks never held back

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

WyoGN

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2022
how about Bad News Bears....can't make that movie for sure.....Tanner on his team mates....HAHAHAHA!.....only one you can say now is booger eating morons....I think

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I remember seeing Blazing Saddles at the drive-in when it came out. Love that movie.
Robin Hood Men In Tights, outstanding!

Reactions: 1 users