BUILD THREAD JRP's '87 Regal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I know how it is. I'm not exactly setting records with my car either.

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
This year has been hard on everyone. I guess we are only now dealing with the virus here, you guys have dealt with it for the last year. The problem is, these ambitious perfectionists projects can be tough to finish, now is the time. You have done great work, finish it! You have an awesome motor for the car, that 1/4 mile will be ready with the vaccine looming and that Buick 350 should haul *ss with the right converter and gear.
No matter how thrifty you try to be building a car, it still racks up dolla signs quickly. I cut almost every cost corner on the Pig i could, and it still got up over 4Gs (1200 just for paint supplies).

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
No matter how thrifty you try to be building a car, it still racks up dolla signs quickly. I cut almost every cost corner on the Pig i could, and it still got up over 4Gs (1200 just for paint supplies).
Exactly. I've gathered parts for my Grand Prix for years and still don't have everything. I've struggled recently on which direction to go as nearly everything I want to do requires spending money and I'm in savings mode for the new place and most importantly, the shop.

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I realize that it costs money. Is he missing major parts, I thought he had practically every part? I thought all that was left was welding in the floors and assembly, I must be wrong, my bad.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I go through spurts where I have ambition and no money or no ambition and have plenty of money. If it has to be done I always plow through and get it done though.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
I realize that it costs money. Is he missing major parts, I thought he had practically every part? I thought all that was left was welding in the floors and assembly, I must be wrong, my bad.

Hell naw. Still need a transmission, rear axle, suspension parts, want to notch and box the frame, need to do fuel lines and brake lines. Plus whatever paint and body materials I need and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple thousand dollars worth of shitt.

I can probably get back to working on the floors and getting them fitted without too much expense.

Reactions: 6 users
Nov 4, 2012
Appreciate all the kind words. Like many of you have said, it'll be here when Im ready to get to it. I hope that time comes sooner than later but in the meantime I've just gotta ride this out.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well that sucks. C'mon used transmission and spindly 7.5", those work great at the track. I never had either fail there, oh wait a second😳. And you want it to turn corners too along with not bending like a pretzel, well aren't you fancy😁. Chin up, let's hope the vaccine works.

Reactions: 1 user

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Hell naw. Still need a transmission, rear axle, suspension parts, want to notch and box the frame, need to do fuel lines and brake lines. Plus whatever paint and body materials I need and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple thousand dollars worth of shitt.

I can probably get back to working on the floors and getting them fitted without too much expense.
If you need a transmission real fast, remember you know some that has a perfectly good sawzall 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Nov 4, 2012
If you need a transmission real fast, remember you know some that has a perfectly good sawzall 😉

Good times...lol We're gonna have to get up there again once the weather starts warming up. Maybe hit up Renick's one time.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor