• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
?????????????????????????????????????

Nov 4, 2012
Sorry guys, I literally haven't got a thing for you. I know, I'm not happy about it either. I was hoping to have at least had the firewall painted and the underside of the car Gravitexed by now. Bag hasn't been off the engine since my last update. I just have not had time to work on it. I wish I had a better excuse, but it seems like the past month
or so has just been nonstop work, errands, chores, sleep, repeat. I've even caught myself forgetting to eat several times, it's been that hectic. Admittedly I've had a few mini projects going on, but those are wrapped up. I haven't lost interest at all, there are just not enough hours in the damn day.

I get paid Friday, maybe I'll see if I can swing it for the distributor and the valve covers from TA.

Reactions: 7 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I was gonna suggest rebuilding your stock unit (HEI one), but it would cost less to buy the TA one than to completely refurbish a stock one.
Also, I recommend a curve kit. TA is lets say, generous, with the timing curve. Mine was around 3200 when the timing was all in. Wrangled that in to 2500 and it's a lot peppier.
edit, I don't know the spec for distributor shaft endplay, but mine seems to be something nuts like 1/16th of an inch. purchase some distributor shims. if yours ends up being in spec, at least its a weird part in your backlog that you may need some day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor